The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Urgent How do you release this purge valve pipe (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=304645)

Frogmella 2nd May 2020 14:46

Urgent How do you release this purge valve pipe

This is the pipe that connects to the purge valve from below.
How does one release it?
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d8746adbf7.jpg
Thanks in advance as always.

trikey 2nd May 2020 15:11

Squeeze the thin plastic ring at the top of the connector while pulling upwards.

Frogmella 2nd May 2020 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2810005)
Squeeze the thin plastic ring at the top of the connector while pulling upwards.

Its not having any of it! Sadly squeezing the upper ring, and pulling upwards achieves nothing. Thanks anyway Trikey.

Haynes helpfully just says "disconnect the pipe" yeah, right.

I think I must spend more time puzzling over "quick release" fixings than doing anything else. I've been held up for an hour by this one.

When I was taking the inlet manifold off the other day I couldn't get the "quick release" fuel pipe to come off, squeezing the two opposing tangs did nothing at all, so eventually, after another wasted hour, I had to leave it on and hang the manifold to one side. What wrong with a simple jubillee clip?

T-Cut 2nd May 2020 17:47

I suppose a guess is better than nowt. Does the part with the ring press towards and into the connection by any chance? A bit like those push'n'pull plumbing joints.

TC

Frogmella 2nd May 2020 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Cut (Post 2810028)
I suppose a guess is better than nowt. Does the part with the ring press towards and into the connection by any chance? A bit like those push'n'pull plumbing joints.

TC

I spent ages pushing down, pulling up, twisting, squeezing.... but the missus was getting cross so I had to turn my attention back to the purge valve pipe.

In the end I entirely gave up trying to get the pipe off. I just wanted to remove the battery box in order to give that corner of the engine bay a good clean as part of a total engine bay detail. I ended up sliding the whole purge valve assembly, along with it's annoying pipe, off the side of the battery box....by using it's (hidden) quick release tab.

Thanks for trying to help.

Les4048 2nd May 2020 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogmella (Post 2810012)
Its not having any of it! Sadly squeezing the upper ring, and pulling upwards achieves nothing. Thanks anyway Trikey.

Haynes helpfully just says "disconnect the pipe" yeah, right.

I think I must spend more time puzzling over "quick release" fixings than doing anything else. I've been held up for an hour by this one.

When I was taking the inlet manifold off the other day I couldn't get the "quick release" fuel pipe to come off, squeezing the two opposing tangs did nothing at all, so eventually, after another wasted hour, I had to leave it on and hang the manifold to one side. What wrong with a simple jubillee clip?

I think Andy meant squeeze the ring and pull the pipe up out the the connector or at least that’s how I’m reading it and I suspect you’re pulling the connector up instead of the pipe

trikey 2nd May 2020 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les4048 (Post 2810050)
I think Andy meant squeeze the ring and pull the pipe up out the the connector or at least that’s how I’m reading it and I suspect you’re pulling the connector up instead of the pipe

Yep, squeeze the ring, you have to press really hard to release it.

marinabrian 2nd May 2020 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2810051)
Yep, squeeze the ring, you have to press really hard to release it.

Fnurrple !!

trikey 2nd May 2020 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2810052)
Fnurrple !!

I knew someone would say that one I had posted the reply :D