The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technology Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Laptop won't connect to internet... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=307963)

bikerdude666 17th September 2020 23:29

Laptop won't connect to internet...

Hi all, I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.

My wife bought a new laptop a few months ago, paid decent money for it, seems decent spec, it's an HP, and is running windows 10. It all worked fine for a few months, but last week it decided it no longer wanted to connect to our wifi. It comes up with a message saying that something has changed, but our TV's, phones, iPads, my laptop and iMac etc all still connect fine.

She says she's tried deleting the network from the list and re-adding it, but it still won't work. She's also tried turning the Wifi off and back on to see if it made a difference, but it didn't her laptop still comes up with the same message, and everything else still connects fine.

Has anyone here got any ideas what could be wrong and how I can go about fixing it? I've no idea what's going on as I've used a mac for about 15 years now, so no clue what to do with windows.

Thanks.

WillyHeckaslike 17th September 2020 23:37

Try updating the network adapter driver in Device Manager?

Heddy 18th September 2020 06:34

I'm guessing you've gone into wi-fi settings an clicked 'Troubleshoot'?

bikerdude666 18th September 2020 09:54

I’m sure my wife said she went into the troubleshooting, but it was all insisting it was a problem with the router or network, rather than an issue on the laptop. I’ve not seen for myself as she’s got a password on it and I don’t know what it is. She was supposed to leave the password here so I could try having a look.

How do you update the driver, is there something we can just click to search for the latest software or do we have to know what we’re searching for?

trikey 19th September 2020 20:06

Do a system restore to a few days before the issue started and see if it connects then.

janker 19th September 2020 20:13

Hi
have you just tried unpluging router 10 seconds and plugging back in also turn the laptop off as well then retry.

WillyHeckaslike 21st September 2020 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikerdude666 (Post 2837284)
How do you update the driver, is there something we can just click to search for the latest software or do we have to know what we’re searching for?

Cick on Start>type device manager in the search box>Click Device Manager in the list that pops up>Click Network Adapters to expand it>Click your network adapter>Click Driver> Click Update Driver.

bikerdude666 21st September 2020 18:56

Thanks for all the ideas, but it seems to have fixed itself. Finally remembered to ask her for the password today, turned it on and logged in, and it connected first time! So no idea what it was all about, but I've got a list of things to try if it should happen in the future. Thanks.