The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New T4 owner. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=201797)

murphyv310 28th November 2014 15:50

New T4 owner.

Hi.
I've kept this quiet but can now reveal all. I knew of a T4 system locally for sometime. I had approached the owner but he didn't want to sell. A few weeks ago he gave me a call to say that he had changed his mind as the laptop was smashed and it was no good to him. After a bit of negotiating I got the whole lot really cheap.
I wrapped everything up and put it all on hold due to my knee etc.
I then saw the link on the forum to the one on ebay that was less leads and interface, so rightly or wrongly I bought it. It came yesterday and after some swapping of hard drives and configuring we seem to have success.
Let's put it this way I have a running T4 for under £400, I can't grumble at that, I would easily recoup my money on it if necessary.
I'll now need to do some research on the full system, I won't be doing any third party work until I am fully conversant with using it and all of its functions.
Once its up and running I'll take pictures and give more info.

Ennine 28th November 2014 15:58

Well done Trevor. Good move and the best way to dip your toe in. Hope it pans out in the right direction for you.

Nige

pab 28th November 2014 16:34

A nice purchase. The tricky bit now is coming to terms and learning about the unit. Very easy to turn a car into a paper weight.

FrazzleTC 28th November 2014 16:35

Nice work, Trevor! Good luck with the project!

M74 28th November 2014 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyv310 (Post 1852458)
Hi.
I've kept this quiet but can now reveal all. I knew of a T4 system locally for sometime. I had approached the owner but he didn't want to sell. A few weeks ago he gave me a call to say that he had changed his mind as the laptop was smashed and it was no good to him. After a bit of negotiating I got the whole lot really cheap.
I wrapped everything up and put it all on hold due to my knee etc.
I then saw the link on the forum to the one on ebay that was less leads and interface, so rightly or wrongly I bought it. It came yesterday and after some swapping of hard drives and configuring we seem to have success.
Let's put it this way I have a running T4 for under £400, I can't grumble at that, I would easily recoup my money on it if necessary.
I'll now need to do some research on the full system, I won't be doing any third party work until I am fully conversant with using it and all of its functions.
Once its up and running I'll take pictures and give more info.

That's great news, well done on getting it for a fantastic price, we need a T4 in the area.:hurray: If you want a guinea pig at any time I've got two cars you can try it out on... paid of course.
Good luck with it.
Geoff

murphyv310 28th November 2014 17:45

Hi.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm back to work on Monday so haven't a lot of time to "play" so it'll take time. I've two cars to practise on but watch this space for help:eek::eek:

roverbarmy 28th November 2014 18:09

Well done Trevor. :bowdown: Keep us posted.
Mike

marinabrian 28th November 2014 19:59

Remember I'm only a phone call away Trevor, and the Technical Helpdesk is almost always open.

Welcome to the madhouse, oh and you should have PM'd me about a laptop, got more than enough :getmecoat:

Brian :D

murphyv310 28th November 2014 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 1852643)
Remember I'm only a phone call away Trevor, and the Technical Helpdesk is almost always open.

Welcome to the madhouse, oh and you should have PM'd me about a laptop, got more than enough :getmecoat:

Brian :D

Thanks Brian.
It'll be slow going at the moment, lot happening family wise plus my knee and the ZT, oh and santa too :eek:
I will though be in touch, don't you worry.
Thanks Brian, got your PM :D

grahamw 28th November 2014 20:29

I'm jealous. Well done. So it IS worth looking for affordable T4 kit..
My search continues!