The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Virgin media broadband (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=313120)

Lancpudn 25th May 2021 07:39

Virgin media broadband

Does anyone else on this forum get their broadband from Virgin Media? If so are you having slow broadband speeds?
Since the beginning of this month our broadband has been throttled back by 50% :mad: I taker a speed test every day to save & it's 50mbps or thereabouts, I pay for 100mbps.

Our daughter is working from home and is on those video conference call a lot of the day & the speed falls to a crawl :devil:

I made out a online complaint form & they have to reply you within 28 days, I'm still waiting. :devil: I ring them every single day top rattle their cage, I'm not rude to the call centre people but they're not fobbing me off with the system is overloaded because people are working from home & it cant cope, I tell them That's your problem not mine, I'm paying for 100mbps & I want 100mbps, the broadband went up in price recently to rub salt in the wound too :devil:, I told him you have adverts all over the internet stating 100mbps speed, that's false advertising.
What use is a super hub router if they're going to throttle the broadband speed by 50%. My brother who lives 500 yards away has the same problem.

Georgies Dad 25th May 2021 07:59

Same here Ian,and same excuses,our also keep crashing out as well,I have told them when my contract run out in July they will be getting a months notice.

They are not interested,I shall go back to SKY

stocktake 25th May 2021 09:03

Just checked mine with speedtest.net and it returned 111.89mbps. Considering I pay for 100 I cannot complain. This is off the Manchester server

Lancpudn 25th May 2021 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2883092)
Just checked mine with speedtest.net and it returned 111.89mbps. Considering I pay for 100 I cannot complain. This is off the Manchester server

That's what our broadband speed has always been up until the beginning of this month off the same server.

STUBIE 25th May 2021 10:39

I had the 100Mb option last year and with working from home decided to purchase the 350Mb, as I was only getting about 40-50Mb on the 100Mb plan.

On the the 350Mb plan I am getting at last test less than 100Mb. I complaint and they never meet their response time to mty complaint - they said they had trie to contact me and never got through - and each time I complain they tell me to contact their tech support by phone who never answer.

I have just given up but I am going to claim my upgrade back whern I get back the will.

I'd tell them to go to you know where if it wasnt for the missus watching some of their more obscure channels.

Stubs

Teflon 25th May 2021 11:08

No problem in our area. I've been with Virgin (and their predecessors) since the mid '90s and have rarely had any issues.

Had some slow done a year or so back and called their help line insisting they send an engineer out. He identified an issue with the cabling entering our property, replaced it, and all has been well ever since. I'm currently paying for 350 mbs and consistently get in excess of 380.

Maybe it's a regional thing :shrug:

Cliff

Lancpudn 25th May 2021 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teflon (Post 2883113)
No problem in our area. I've been with Virgin (and their predecessors) since the mid '90s and have rarely had any issues.

Had some slow done a year or so back and called their help line insisting they send an engineer out. He identified an issue with the cabling entering our property, replaced it, and all has been well ever since. I'm currently paying for 350 mbs and consistently get in excess of 380.

Maybe it's a regional thing :shrug:

Cliff

Yes we've been with them since the mid 90's too & never had much trouble with them at all.
Today's call to their call centre had a fresh excuse as to why we're not getting 100mbps what we are paying for, He said you're getting the bare minimum of 50mbps (two speed tests today were 47mbps & 48mbps :mad:) which we're entitled to do, It's in your contract :eek: He said it will never go below 50 mbps, I told him you're already under 50mbps today, you're ripping me off, I don't want it to go 100mbps which I'm paying for :devil:
I shall continue to ring them every single day to wear them down until I get my 100mbps speed back.:D

COLVERT 25th May 2021 18:38

Reading through all these posts I get the feeling that it might be a local cabling problem. If the problem was at source you would expect everybody to be having problems but that doesn't seem to be so.---:shrug:

Lancpudn 25th May 2021 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2883166)
Reading through all these posts I get the feeling that it might be a local cabling problem. If the problem was at source you would expect everybody to be having problems but that doesn't seem to be so.---:shrug:

No, they say there are no works going on in this area.

COLVERT 25th May 2021 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancpudn (Post 2883169)
No, they say there are no works going on in this area.

Teflons post above might give a clue.---Just about everything invented by man seems to go wrong at one time or another . Our cars are a good example.--Could be a poor connection not giving you the speed you are paying for.

Do you ever get the maximum speed they quoted you when you took out your contract with them or have they always cut you short with some excuse or another.--:shrug: