The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   parking sensors (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=290731)

macafee2 3rd December 2018 22:00

parking sensors

When I reverse squarely up to something parking sensors are great.
When reversing into our drive they are a pain in the butt. They detect the gate, another car and bushes which are all to one side or the other. It drives me up the wall as I keep thing what have I missed? I know I'm not going to hit the car, the gate or the blessed bushes.

I need AI parking sensors, ones that work out that if I continue on that line I will hit something, not just go off because I'm passing close

macafee2

COLVERT 3rd December 2018 22:04

Guess you have to use your own AI.-----Put some sticky tape over those recalcitrant sensors.----:icon_lol:

sworks 3rd December 2018 22:05

The problem is that the sensor pattern is fan shaped so to a degree they go past the sides of the car slightly :)

Rp61973 4th December 2018 07:17

I am having the Cisbo kit fitted to the car as part of the 'Apres Deer Hit' work.

Has anyone a picture they could post showing the best positions on sensors on the front bumper? Rear bumper has factory locations that are drilled out, so no problem there.

bendrick 4th December 2018 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2691602)
When I reverse squarely up to something parking sensors are great.
When reversing into our drive they are a pain in the butt. They detect the gate, another car and bushes which are all to one side or the other. It drives me up the wall as I keep thing what have I missed? I know I'm not going to hit the car, the gate or the blessed bushes.

I need AI parking sensors, ones that work out that if I continue on that line I will hit something, not just go off because I'm passing close

macafee2

I find the same and it is a little off-putting / misleading on the side situation

However surely the sensor beeping is just to give you a warning to keep your wits about you and double check with your mirrors that you're not backing or side swiping into anything that you may not have noticed, except for when you are heading straight back into a car in a parking space when the frequency of the beep helps you with the diminishing distance.

macafee2 4th December 2018 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by bendrick (Post 2691634)
I find the same and it is a little off-putting / misleading on the side situation

However surely the sensor beeping is just to give you a warning to keep your wits about you and double check with your mirrors that you're not backing or side swiping into anything that you may not have noticed, except for when you are heading straight back into a car in a parking space when the frequency of the beep helps you with the diminishing distance.

As I said, I know they are going off due to bushes, gate and parked car. These I can all see and know about.
The sensors going off makes me take a second look around just in case

macafee2

Reebs 6th December 2018 18:27

Here you go, the detection pattern as described in the workshop manual :xmas-smiley-007:

macafee2 6th December 2018 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reebs (Post 2692284)
Here you go, the detection pattern as described in the workshop manual :xmas-smiley-007:

mine does not deactivate when a trailer is connected. Does anyone have an official wiring diagram for towing electrics as this may explain why my sensors don't deactivate

macafee2