The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Well That Didn't Go According To Plan..... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=291747)

Bogbrush82 9th January 2019 17:04

Well That Didn't Go According To Plan.....

It appears Bones is a little poorly again. :(

Date tested: 8 January 2019

FAIL

Mileage: 152,303 miles
MOT test number: 7802 2527 4755
Test location: Summit Garage, Himley Road

Repair immediately (major defects):

Offside Rear Suspension arm corroded and seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))

Offside Rear Coil spring fractured or broken (5.3.1 (b) (i))

Nearside Front Upper Anti-roll bar linkage insecurely attached nut (5.3.3 (a) (i))

Nearside Front Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn (5.3.4 (a) (i))

Offside Front Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn (5.3.4 (a) (i))

Repair as soon as possible (minor defects):

Offside Rear Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover severely deteriorated (5.3.4 (b) (i))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

Offside Side repeater slightly discoloured (4.4.3 (a))

Brake pedal wearing smooth deteriorated (1.1.2 (c))

Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material front to rear (1.1.11 (c))

Nearside Rear Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material (1.1.11 (c))

Offside Rear Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material (1.1.11 (c))

Nearside Front Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material (1.1.11 (c))

Offside Front Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material slight (1.1.11 (c))

Naturally I'm going to get it all fixed, however a quote from Summit to fix it was just shy of £800, so guess where I'm not going.........

FLYING BANANA 9th January 2019 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 (Post 2700947)

FAIL

Mileage: 152,303 miles
MOT test number: 7802 2527 4755
Test location: Summit Garage, Himley Road

Repair immediately (major defects):

Offside Rear Suspension arm corroded and seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))

Offside Rear Coil spring fractured or broken (5.3.1 (b) (i))
Nearside Front Upper Anti-roll bar linkage insecurely attached nut (5.3.3 (a) (i))

Nearside Front Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn (5.3.4 (a) (i))

Offside Front Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn (5.3.4 (a) (i))

Repair as soon as possible (minor defects):

Offside Rear Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover severely deteriorated (5.3.4 (b) (i))

Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material front to rear (1.1.11 (c))

Nearside Rear Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material (1.1.11 (c))

Offside Rear Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material (1.1.11 (c))

Nearside Front Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material (1.1.11 (c))

Offside Front Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material slight (1.1.11 (c))

Naturally I'm going to get it all fixed, however a quote from Summit to fix it was just shy of £800, so guess where I'm not going.........

Wow! That's a lot of repairs.

Best_of_British 9th January 2019 17:09

Unfortunately that's a standard fail sheet on these now. Normally sills as well but that has already been done. New rear arms and the brake pipes have done well to last this long, some showed signs of corrosion after 5 years. Sort these out and get lucky with some front arms that last more than 12 months and you will be happy motoring untill the slave pops.

That's why these cars are fun bangers, keeps you busy keeping them on the road and guessing the next fail.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

slovcan 9th January 2019 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 (Post 2700947)

So, the Catch 22 is when you cover perfectly good brake lines with grease to prevent them from rusting you get an advisory that they are covered in grease and might be rusty. If you didn't cover them with grease, they probably WOULD be rusty. I think a leak would manifest itself for detection even with the lines greased.

Can you still buy brake pedal pads for these? This is a high mileage in the city issue and will likely become more common as time goes by.

Cheers,
Glenn

Rev Jules 9th January 2019 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2700950)
Wow! That's a lot of repairs.

That was actually driving around :eek:

Rev

Dawn 9th January 2019 19:47

I cannot believe a car that has done so little miles from last mot were it only had advisories for droplinks has failed on all that! I think they are being a bit cheeky. The brakes lines could be waxoyl as I had the same with my Toyota. You said a few weeks ago a pre mot elsewhere had come up clean? How come? I feel bad about this in a way, but not in another as numerous garages had her last year and mentioned none of it! If they had it would have been done.

trikey 9th January 2019 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn (Post 2701008)
I cannot believe a car that has done so little miles from last mot were it only had advisories for droplinks has failed on all that! I think they are being a bit cheeky. The brakes lines could be waxoyl as I had the same with my Toyota. You said a few weeks ago a pre mot elsewhere had come up clean? How come? I feel bad about this in a way, but not in another as numerous garages had her last year and mentioned none of it! If they had it would have been done.

Pretty sure I put copaslip on the front brake pipes after I cleaned them, probably my fault :eek:

Dawn 9th January 2019 19:57

She was also waxoyled Andy. Dave has the bill as when it was done I wasnt fit to do it myself.

trikey 9th January 2019 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn (Post 2701012)
She was also waxoyled Andy. Dave has the bill as when it was done I wasnt fit to do it myself.

I can understand why MOT testers advise if the pipes are covered in grease or waxoyl, but I wish they would use common sense, a nicely presented car with greased brake lines says to me that the owner looks after the car.

tantallon 9th January 2019 20:03

I sense an over zealous tester there .Either that or they are short of work.