The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Aftermath of the referendum starting. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=247836)

RobSun 25th June 2016 15:37

Aftermath of the referendum starting.

I voted out for what I believe to be the right reasons as many did. One was to get back control of our borders, but not to make existing Europeans legitimately living and working here to now come under attack in the streets and at work.

One of my daughter in law's is Polish and hence my 4 yr. old granddaughter is half Polish. They live in Torquay and I have just come off the telephone with her and I am appalled at what she has told me. Many of their friends are being subjected to abuse at their places of work and in the streets and being encouraged to go home. My son recently gave up being a head chef and now makes cakes in a patisserie and many of the workers there are Poles and Romanians. They do the boring jobs that the locals will not apply for, or turn up for interviews from the Job Centre to do. At his place there are no problems but they are all coming into work with stories of how their friends are being abused at work and they are getting more verbal abuse in the streets and out and about. They are naturally very concerned and fear for their safety and futures over here.

Yesterday my daughter in law, after picking up the granddaughter from school, were both subjected to a violent verbal attack by a screaming out of control mother, telling her to go you know where and stop taking up places in the school. No one came to her help or gave support. She's made of strong stuff and says she's brushed it off but its left a very bad taste and my grand daughter is traumatised. Frankly I am furious and feel disgusted and impotent being so far away. Probably the reason why I am doing this post to get it out of my system.

Is this what this country is now going to become. A place that can only be described as full of racial intolerance again, where people cannot walk down the street or go to work for fear of attack and abuse. I thought that "Great Britain" was beyond that. This referendum appears to have given some what they believe is legitimate reasons for abuse and violence.

FLYER 25th June 2016 15:41

Unforgiveable and wrong .

Sadly there are those who dont need much reason to carry on this way.

We see them on our streets everyday.

James.uk 25th June 2016 15:44

No one's perfik, give it time, people will settle down, and eventually i think we will find that very little has changed.... :shrug:

barney bear 25th June 2016 15:45

One of my lads in work had the same thing last night, as he was walking his dog an idiot came out of the local off licence and said to him "happy Independence Day" my friend replied "what" in his polish accent and this local went off on one about poles being here taking our jobs and houses:mad:

The local lad was lucky it was Pawel he did that to and not some of the others, they would have folded the fool up and Sent him home crying, some people really need to wind there necks in.

macafee2 25th June 2016 15:45

i would not think of abusing someone like that. which is more shameful the verbal attack or that no one came to stop it?
She should report it to the police.

macafee2

planenut 25th June 2016 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobSun (Post 2317807)
Is this what this country is now going to become.

No, it is not what this country has now become, it's always been like it, with morons behaving in idiotic ways. Your loved ones should feel proud that "they know better" when it comes to behaviour and manners. The idots will not understand much about the logistics and rights of politics and people, but will moan about it whilst watching their silly TV soaps and living outside of reality.

Les4048 25th June 2016 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 2317813)
No one's perfik, give it time, people will settle down, and eventually i think we will find that very little has changed.... :shrug:

So does that give them good reason to verbally abuse people in the street? I think not, not being perfect is no excuse for being a moron and bully

James.uk 25th June 2016 16:05

Les4048 please lighten up, that is what my post was intended to do.... Point out that nothing has changed, and maybe wont for years yet... :shrug:

Best_of_British 25th June 2016 16:08

These minority idiots have always been here. The referendum has no bearing on it.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Gino 25th June 2016 16:14

Absolutely appalling behaviour & should not be tolerated. One of the core points of Britishness is politeness and tolerance. Unfortunately this has been on the decline for a long time. The world would be a much better place if everyone would be tolerant of others differences.