The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hi Line - Autochanger and SWC not picked up by Head Unit? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=280845)

RoverRobson 19th March 2018 12:11

Hi Line - Autochanger and SWC not picked up by Head Unit?

Hi all

Recently put my ZTT back to an original set up. The car was originally a Hi Line vehicle so all the wiring was there as expected. I bought some tested working modules and put them in the car. Only thing I’ve not plugged back in is the Sat Nav drive.

I’ve finally got radio signal but I’ve got no steering wheel control function, and more importantly the CD Autochanger isn’t recognised by the head unit at all. There’s no option to select the CD changer.

The changer is plugged in and powers up ok. The magazine goes through all the discs and goes back to the first to begin playing, but no response from head unit. CD changer was also tested in another car and was ok.

Oh and on a side note, I have no “trip computer” option either.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Amsca2 19th March 2018 13:57

I went the opposite way and removed it recently for a naval due to flooded navigation box. There's a wee grey box behind the head unit for steering controls I believe. I removed it to get more clearance for the naval. Is that present?

neilll 19th March 2018 18:50

Hi Robson,
If you press the "mode" button on the head unit it should skip through radio,tape and cd functions. There is also mode on steering controls (not working).
Neil

RoverRobson 19th March 2018 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amsca2 (Post 2608740)
I went the opposite way and removed it recently for a naval due to flooded navigation box. There's a wee grey box behind the head unit for steering controls I believe. I removed it to get more clearance for the naval. Is that present?

Hi,

Yeah the little grey SWC module is in place :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoverRobson 19th March 2018 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilll (Post 2608852)
Hi Robson,

If you press the "mode" button on the head unit it should skip through radio,tape and cd functions. There is also mode on steering controls (not working).

Neil

The only options I have is radio and Tape (which displays NO TAPE)

Not sure why the head unit isn’t recognising the CD changer.

RoverRobson 23rd March 2018 06:36

Any more help regarding this?

Avulon 23rd March 2018 10:01

Check that it's the correct model CD Player - I believe it's different to the ones with the other head units. Also make sure there's at least one CD in it.

RoverRobson 24th March 2018 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 2610302)
Check that it's the correct model CD Player - I believe it's different to the ones with the other head units. Also make sure there's at least one CD in it.

Came out of a hi line car fully functional. Three CDs in at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avulon 24th March 2018 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoverRobson (Post 2608856)
The only options I have is radio and Tape (which displays NO TAPE)

Not sure why the head unit isn’t recognising the CD changer.

For the same of completeness I should point out that the radio/amplifier unit is the brains of the highline setup - it's this that recognises all the various parts. It also generates the the menus. The head unit itself is just the display and buttons and contains the tape player. It certainly does sound like there is an IBUS communication issue or fault somewhere. Check all the plugs for corrosion and make sure they are all seated correctly.