The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Any radio amateurs on here? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=310489)

Azur 15th January 2021 11:07

Any radio amateurs on here?

As per title, are there any radio amateurs on here?
If so, I would like to sketch on frequency.

Thnx and 73,

Emiel

trikey 15th January 2021 21:57

Harrym1byt will be along shortly.....

Azur 16th January 2021 07:13

Thanks Andy, got my license 2 years ago, and was wondering if there are some within the club. Is he a member already or will become one?

Cheers.

trikey 16th January 2021 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azur (Post 2859863)
Thanks Andy, got my license 2 years ago, and was wondering if there are some within the club. Is he a member already or will become one?

Cheers.

Harry has been on here a few years now Emiel.

Azur 16th January 2021 18:54

:} Thanks I will try to contact him, already noticed a black 75 in his garage.

Phil-T4 17th January 2021 16:23

I'm licensed (G0SXY) but due to where i live (in a dip) and not allowed any exterior aerials its not the best location for radio comms, i seem to do ok with FT4 & FT8 but that gets boring after a while and at this time of year the MUF is generally below any bands that i can work on.

Roll on the E season!

Saga Lout 17th January 2021 17:56

My late brother was..

As the title says, my brother was into it and especially CB radio in the 1970's. In the late 70's he bought a Ham International Jumbo set to play with, he never had the concentration to do anything long term and so, the Jumbo went into storage in his loft, it's coming up for grabs soon and is fully working. I don't know what the thing is worth so any pointers would help.

joel antonio 18th January 2021 08:32

Several years ago...

Hi Emiel:

I was...WP4JQQ always on 10 meters. But when I came to Spain I sold out all the shack. :getmecoat:

Kind regards
Joel Antonio.

Azur 19th January 2021 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil-T4 (Post 2860288)
I'm licensed (G0SXY) but due to where i live (in a dip) and not allowed any exterior aerials its not the best location for radio comms, i seem to do ok with FT4 & FT8 but that gets boring after a while and at this time of year the MUF is generally below any bands that i can work on.

Roll on the E season!

Hi Phil,

thanks for your response, I will sent you an email soon with info etc.

Can't you just put up a wire for HF? Had several contacts with the UK on 40 and even 20 m this week.

73 Emiel

Azur 19th January 2021 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saga Lout (Post 2860302)
As the title says, my brother was into it and especially CB radio in the 1970's. In the late 70's he bought a Ham International Jumbo set to play with, he never had the concentration to do anything long term and so, the Jumbo went into storage in his loft, it's coming up for grabs soon and is fully working. I don't know what the thing is worth so any pointers would help.

Hi Saga,

CB is something else, but almost every amateur started with CB radio, me too. I will have a look for you what would be a proper price.

Greetings,

Emiel