The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Every household to get a letter: why? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=303897)

MissMoppet 29th March 2020 08:51

Every household to get a letter: why?

So 27 million households are to get a letter on the C word. Why? What prat thought that one up? Haven't postmen - public servants - got enough to do without sorting no doubt shoulder to shoulder and delivering a well-known message?

And if the virus can be carried on a letter . . . what a perfect way of spreading the plague to every house in the country.

Maybe if there were a way of identifying anyone who hasn't a radio or TV, never reads a newspaper, has no broadband, possibly a Trappist monk living on St Kilda - then I would agree it would serve some purpose.

Can't we all think of better uses of spending the money?

Dave

Discofan 29th March 2020 09:07

Ha ha, totally agree!
There cant be too many in this country still blissfully unaware of this crisis.

planenut 29th March 2020 09:19

Probably in equal numbers some will find it worthwhile, yet they don't belong to Clubs or groups that can converse online. The postie is in an unfortunate position but far less able to pass on or catch the virus than those who staff the shops we will still attend.

Marmy6 29th March 2020 09:35

I hope Boris wont be personally sealing all the envelopes.

cbr1100xx 29th March 2020 09:36

Possibly because a lot of people are still ignoring the advice , mostly fit and healthy people who think they are invincible.
They might be but the others they meet might not be.
Even yesterday a family of 5 going to Blackpool pleasure beach because they were bored and it was a nice day.
Glad to say btp sent them home after giving them a warning.

It's not just their family they are putting at risk.

Stan

SCP440 29th March 2020 14:54

My Wife rung her brother this week, he is a 20 years older than her and in his 70's and his wife is in her 80's. They don't have a TV and rarely listen to the radio and don't have a paper. He was saying how quite it is on the road out side there house and when he went shopping there was not much on the shelves.

My wife explained why and he was surprised it was that bad :eek:. Anyway it didn't matter apparently as he is healthy and goes for a good walk every day to stay fit.:duh:

I know it sounds hard to believe but they do live like hermits have no friends and have fallen out with all there neighbours for various reasons. In truth my wife only rung him because she realised he probably had little idea of what is going on. Hopefully this letter will reinforce what she has said.

Dawn 29th March 2020 15:10

They're doing it because of the idiots. And there are a lot. The police in Derby found a group of 25 people having a mad party - no one listens, they don't take it in when they do. Maybe they're hoping the written word will be different. I personally doubt it. Dumb is dumb. :(

wraymond 29th March 2020 15:29

I imagine it's because in the face of so many objectors who, for whatever reason, find fault in everything BJ or the government might do. Constant reminders do frequently work by adding impetus and reminding less convinced potential victims that somebody is still in charge.

As for the expense, if it alters aberrant behaviour in only 1% of the population then it's worth it. 1% of the population being 700,000 people!

Russp 29th March 2020 15:39

What I can't understand is why its going to cost 5.8m , who or what gets this money?

wraymond 29th March 2020 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russp (Post 2802291)
What I can't understand is why its going to cost 5.8m , who or what gets this money?

I read somewhere there are some 30 million addresses in the UK. At 76p, or 2nd class at 65p, that seems cheap! And that's without the envelope.