The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   V6 exhausts? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=311631)

biffa75 11th March 2021 16:46

V6 exhausts?

Hi folks,

I know this has been posted before however some of the posts were quite old and things may have changed a little.

Our 75 has had a back box fitted at some point and although it's standard type box it's rather boomy..

I've found euro car parts do the middle and rear sections (middle box is going to need changing before too long) euro car parts show klarius units. How have other people found the klarius exhausts?

I've also noticed dmgrs have a new rear exhaust section available and state these are quiet and of good quality. (Little more expensive).

Thanks

Rob

xsport 11th March 2021 17:03

your best bet would be to try the one from mat at dmgrs . all others i have tried were useless and did not last 2 yrs. other members on here have i believe bought from mat these backboxs but i could not say for sure if they are more quiet than the aftermarket garbage and certainly not the originals. hope someone on here can advise you further. i put a stainless system on mine and its still a bit loud but it should outlive the car. mats version does look the part though. :shrug:

sammy1957 11th March 2021 17:58

v6 rover 75 middle exhaust

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffa75 (Post 2870426)
Hi folks,

I know this has been posted before however some of the posts were quite old and things may have changed a little.

Our 75 has had a back box fitted at some point and although it's standard type box it's rather boomy..

I've found euro car parts do the middle and rear sections (middle box is going to need changing before too long) euro car parts show klarius units. How have other people found the klarius exhausts?

I've also noticed dmgrs have a new rear exhaust section available and state these are quiet and of good quality. (Little more expensive).

Thanks

Rob

hi i have just replaced the middle section exhaust with the klarius section brought from euro car parts been on the car now for 2 months nice and quiet cant fault the part good quality

stocktake 11th March 2021 18:02

I have done a short review of the DMGRS one on here somewhere. Absolutely whisper quiet. there were some small points I raised with Matt at the time on how it could be made better and he duly had the suggestions followed up.

One thing to note is that these are a straight out twin tail so if you have a 75 and not a ZT you may need to buy a bumper trim and cut the bumper accordingly or have the tails exiting directly below the bumper.

Dorchester2 12th March 2021 07:20

I put a MiJ Performance SS derestricted full line a few years ago and I'm fully satisfied with that. Very fair price for the whole and I assume very reliable for many years to come. And it's not at all louder than my previous genuine Rover line. A good local mechanic (Mind that I'm living in France) did the fitting.
I didn't 'buy a bumper trim and cut the bumper accordingly'. The twin pipes are just a little out at the base of the bumper and that's it. It doesn't trouble me. My good mechanic did a fitment accordingly.

https://www.mijexhaust.com/ (or via Ebay or Amazon)

rab60bit 12th March 2021 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2870438)
I have done a short review of the DMGRS one on here somewhere. Absolutely whisper quiet. there were some small points I raised with Matt at the time on how it could be made better and he duly had the suggestions followed up.

One thing to note is that these are a straight out twin tail so if you have a 75 and not a ZT you may need to buy a bumper trim and cut the bumper accordingly or have the tails exiting directly below the bumper.

Waiting for DMGRS to deliver my new box for the 2004 Contemporary SE (April?). Could you advise where/what you sourced for the SS turndown trims (even better if you can recommend how much you cut off the two straight outlets) and if the back box was fitted with an external clamp for the 57mm ID female connection to the middle section?
I'm intending to splash out on a new (genuine?) middle section from Rimmers so I have great expectations.:drool4:

stocktake 12th March 2021 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by rab60bit (Post 2870573)
Waiting for DMGRS to deliver my new box for the 2004 Contemporary SE (April?). Could you advise where/what you sourced for the SS turndown trims (even better if you can recommend how much you cut off the two straight outlets) and if the back box was fitted with an external clamp for the 57mm ID female connection to the middle section?
I'm intending to splash out on a new (genuine?) middle section from Rimmers so I have great expectations.:drool4:

I already had a powerflow stainless back box so I previously had the bumper cut as per a ZT and trim fitted.

Caskin 12th March 2021 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffa75 (Post 2870426)
Hi folks,

Thanks

Rob

DONT use Euro car parts use their parent company Carparets4less same company half the price ,they both do an excellent and well priced exhaust system for the V6.
If you go on both their sites you will see the pictured layout of the exhaust sections, totally identical on both sites, all that is vastly different is the price. The quality also is identical I can vouch for that. Klarius is an excellent make, I had one on a diesel for over 6 years prior to car being wrote off, I now have a Klarius fitted to my V6 (fitted 2016).Both very quiet no booming, like most people I'm fussy when it comes to exhausts, especially the "end" sound.

When I was speaking to customer services at carparts4less ,I asked the rep did he get many phone calls from Eurocarparts customers, with a little chuckle he admitted they did!
One other thing if you do a quick search on the net carparts4less issue discount vouchers!
Good luck with your decision.

biffa75 13th March 2021 06:50

Thanks for the replies, these are much appreciated.

I need centre too as one of my centre boxes is begining to rot and will need changing.

I've tried car parts 4 less however they don't appear to have any available online so may need to phone or email or something.

I've tried euro car parts and have a discount code. £107 for the centre section and £97 after the code is applied it comes to £125 so the rear section is almost free.

If I find it to be no better than the current box fitted (I'm hopeful) then I may try the dmgrs unit, but I'm reluctant to starting cutting the tail pipes off a 160 pound exhaust that is brand new. As I don't like the idea of cutting my rear bumper and fitting the zt trim (not sure it works with white gold).

Thanks
Rob

stocktake 13th March 2021 07:38

I have two used rear boxes here (In decent condition but not OEM) given to me by another member. don't know what 75 they are off but you are welcome to one of them FOC?
I can drag them out of the shed and take a photo if your interested? one has a socket type end and the other is just plain