The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What a great reliable car (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=308720)

nubsey 20th October 2020 13:41

What a great reliable car

What a great car my Rover 75 is. I have owned my Rover for the last 13 years. I have just taken it for it's latest MOT. And yes it passed no problem. I have been having trouble with the airbag warning light. I had a play with it, and it would only go out for a short time. Then it would come back on. Started to suspect it was not the wiring underneath the seats. So start her up this morning and tell her to behave as she is off to see Jack for her MOT. Well as usual she does behave, and the light did not come on once. This has now been going on for the last 10 years, where she turns the light out for her MOT she always behave on MOT day.

FLYING BANANA 20th October 2020 14:23

Congratulations on the pass.

elroy 20th October 2020 14:29

Many congrats 😁😁

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

BoroRover 20th October 2020 14:43

Congrats on the pass. Yes, they are great cars. Happy Rovering !

trikey 20th October 2020 14:54

Well done 👍

planenut 20th October 2020 15:02

Comfortable again then.

COLVERT 20th October 2020 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by nubsey (Post 2843437)
What a great car my Rover 75 is. I have owned my Rover for the last 13 years. I have just taken it for it's latest MOT. And yes it passed no problem. I have been having trouble with the airbag warning light. I had a play with it, and it would only go out for a short time. Then it would come back on. Started to suspect it was not the wiring underneath the seats. So start her up this morning and tell her to behave as she is off to see Jack for her MOT. Well as usual she does behave, and the light did not come on once. This has now been going on for the last 10 years, where she turns the light out for her MOT she always behave on MOT day.

Exactly my thoughts on my car too as I've owned it too for exactly the same amount of time.---Apart from one change of anti-freeze I've not even put one drop of water in it. NONE.

Dorchester2 20th October 2020 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2843462)
Exactly my thoughts on my car too as I've owned it too for exactly the same amount of time.---Apart from one change of anti-freeze I've not even put one drop of water in it. NONE.

One only coolant swap within 13 years! Blimey what kind of antifreeze are you using? :confused:

bl52krz 20th October 2020 18:54

’Tis to be hoped that there is not a bad freezing cold winter this year then. Once in 13 years makes it a bit on the weak side I would imagine. Plus wonder how the waterways are looking?

COLVERT 20th October 2020 20:36

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2843506)
’Tis to be hoped that there is not a bad freezing cold winter this year then. Once in 13 years makes it a bit on the weak side I would imagine. Plus wonder how the waterways are looking?

Waterways and header tank perfectly clean

Specific gravity perfect.--Checked with a hydrometer.

PS. You can also see how clear the anti-freeze is.