The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   warning this thread may contain ranting !! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=266692)

cossie dunc 4th May 2017 10:51

warning this thread may contain ranting !!

On Sunday night I managed to slip a disc in my lower back:getmecoat:so needless to say I'm stuck in the house with 30000000000 tv channels and nothing to watch:shrug:

I'm not quite sure how people with no jobs or long term illness manage to cope with this, I've only been stuck in for a few days and I'm going crazy.

Another thing while I'm here........12 weeks waiting list to see a nhs physiotherapist?? What a joke !!. I phoned the local private practice and was seen within 3 hours at a cost of £25

You can't put a price on your health :cool:

What a world we live in:mad:

Rant over

M74 4th May 2017 11:38

Ifeel tour pain. I had a slipped disc years ago and it occasionally resurfaces. I found a visit to an Osteopath sorted it for me the NHS just wanted to put me on the rack. I don't let it stop me doing things right now I'm in the middle of wheel barrowing a tonne of garden chippings without a problem (touch wood) and if it happens now I can control it myself.
Hope you get it fixed soon. There is life after a slipped disc.
Geoff

LotusLC 4th May 2017 11:42

I am in a similar position (hernia operation) and i don't normally watch TV and the last 2 weeks has confirmed why,,, 'Its rubbish'.... my opinion only!

zedhed 4th May 2017 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by cossie dunc (Post 2486936)
On Sunday night I managed to slip a disc in my lower back:getmecoat:so needless to say I'm stuck in the house with 30000000000 tv channels and nothing to watch:shrug:

I'm not quite sure how people with no jobs or long term illness manage to cope with this, I've only been stuck in for a few days and I'm going crazy.

Another thing while I'm here........12 weeks waiting list to see a nhs physiotherapist?? What a joke !!. I phoned the local private practice and was seen within 3 hours at a cost of £25

Rant over

know how you feel bud,I've injured my knee and can't really get down to do much,and it's quite frustrating as my cars almost done.:mad:

cossie dunc 4th May 2017 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by M74 (Post 2486950)
Ifeel tour pain. I had a slipped disc years ago and it occasionally resurfaces. I found a visit to an Osteopath sorted it for me the NHS just wanted to put me on the rack. I don't let it stop me doing things right now I'm in the middle of wheel barrowing a tonne of garden chippings without a problem (touch wood) and if it happens now I can control it myself.
Hope you get it fixed soon. There is life after a slipped disc.
Geoff

It happened to me a few years ago also....so at least I knew what had happened and what to do this time

I always remember my dad telling me, and me never listening.........."you have to look after your body you're not 18 forever son"

How right was he......if you're up there dad I'm sorry you were right :D

Leyland Worldmaster 4th May 2017 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by cossie dunc (Post 2486936)

Rant over

Sorry to hear about your pain. Hope you get better soon.

Here's a thought: I don't know whether you are into music, but one of my other hobbies is Hi Fi.

A good quality separate system would be a great way of passing time.

I'm always happy to advise you on components.

It's helped me pass many a pleasurable hour and is better than the (mostly) inane rubbish on TV!

🐧😊

kbonney88 4th May 2017 12:32

Sorry to hear about your back Dunc... I am like you I would also be going mad not being able to do anything.. :(

Fingers crossed you get sorted in all respects soon-ish..

Kev

murphyv310 4th May 2017 12:43

Hi Dunc.
What can I say..... welcome to long waits and things that never seem to be resolved. Try and speak to the consultant that referred you to physio, Secretary and tell them your self employed, you could get a cancellation or move up the queue. It's worth a try. Hope you feel better.

stevestrat 4th May 2017 15:34

You have my sympathy Dunc. Few years ago I was pottering in the garden, bend down to pick something up, felt a crunch at the base of my back. Thought that ain't gonna be good, was I right! Couple of days later I could barely walk, couldn't drive . . . . couldn't even get into the car! My father had a big 4x4, I could just about get into that, he took me to the doc's. I'd crushed a disc, it swelled up and trapped the nerve that ran down my right leg. Even with horse painkillers I was off for weeks, only way I could get relief was lying on my side on the floor. Thankfully I've never done it again.

Simondi 4th May 2017 15:38

I hope you make a speedy recovery, back pain can be truly awful