The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How Did He Do It? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302674)

Mike Noc 6th February 2020 12:13

How Did He Do It?

Stopped off at the local tile shop to swap some edging and left our new Hound in the front passenger seat. Left the car unlocked and I could see it from the counter. All of a sudden the alarm went off - little Hound was now sitting in the driver's seat, keys were in my pocket, yet the car was locked and armed. I don't have a volumetric sensor either.

So how did he do it? :shrug:

trikey 6th February 2020 12:30

Stood on the lock button?

chris75 6th February 2020 13:34

Nah...….. he's got the spare key :eek:

Bogbrush82 6th February 2020 15:13

Is it because he was being a little Shih Tzu?

:getmecoat:

Mike Noc 6th February 2020 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2791324)
Stood on the lock button?

I tried that Andy, and whilst it locked the car I couldn't find a way to set off the alarm. :shrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris75 (Post 2791335)
Nah...….. he's got the spare key :eek:

Ha ha - he ain't that clever, yet anyway. :}

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 (Post 2791347)
Is it because he was being a little Shih Tzu?

:getmecoat:

He is, but that's puppies for you. His latest wheeze is to nick the coals from the fake fire in the lounge. Might buy him a hundredweight of anthracite to chew on for his birthday.

wraymond 6th February 2020 18:18

Don't suppose his name is Rover?

Ps3000 6th February 2020 19:19

Did you lock it then unlock it?

My better half couldn't understand why her car alarm kept going off last summer on our driveway - the windows were open and the alarm went off so she unlocked it to silence the alarm. Like most cars, after an unlock, if no-one opens a door within a set time it re-locks and resets the alarm - and then a fly flies in and triggers the alarm again. She vehmently denies her car (a SEAT) has this feature but I know for sure it does. Answer was to unlock, open and close a door and then leave unlocked.

clf 6th February 2020 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Noc (Post 2791321)
Stopped off at the local tile shop to swap some edging and left our new Hound in the front passenger seat. Left the car unlocked and I could see it from the counter. All of a sudden the alarm went off - little Hound was now sitting in the driver's seat, keys were in my pocket, yet the car was locked and armed. I don't have a volumetric sensor either.

So how did he do it? :shrug:

Could he have bounced up and hit the interior light? Car senses the voltage drop and thinks the door has opened?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ps3000 (Post 2791420)

My better half couldn't understand why her car alarm kept going off last summer on our driveway - the windows were open and the alarm went off so she unlocked it to silence the alarm. Like most cars, after an unlock, if no-one opens a door within a set time it re-locks and resets the alarm - and then a fly flies in and triggers the alarm again. She vehmently denies her car (a SEAT) has this feature but I know for sure it does. Answer was to unlock, open and close a door and then leave unlocked.

I dont think our cars have this function of relocking when after unlocking and not opening a door (mine certainly doesnt - but that is not to say that the feature is there and turned off, but I havent read of this)

The fly flying into our cars wont trigger the alarm, UNLESS it has the volumeric sensors fitted, which most dont seem to have since they were a cost option. Remember on our cars, if you lock with the fob but not the key, they are deadlocked (by default - though I believe this can be disabled/enabled via t4). That means inside or out, you cannot open the doors with the inside handle - you need the key, fob or power to use the console button. Quite an effective anti-theft device but doesnt warn if the it is broken into, as the sensors would.

Mike Noc 6th February 2020 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 2791405)
Don't suppose his name is Rover?

Nope - he was called Bear when we got him , but my son has a dog called Bear, so he is now Dylan. :}

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ps3000 (Post 2791420)

Nope - drove up and got straight out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2791430)
Could he have bounced up and hit the interior light? Car senses the voltage drop and thinks the door has opened?

That sounds plausible - I'll give it a go tomorrow by locking the car with the lock button and then turning the interior lights on.

planenut 7th February 2020 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Noc (Post 2791392)
............He is, but that's puppies for you. His latest wheeze is to nick the coals from the fake fire in the lounge. Might buy him a hundredweight of anthracite to chew on for his birthday.

I understand that a bit of coke subdues one.