The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   lovely colour (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=312267)

Georgies Dad 9th April 2021 10:05

lovely colour

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-...bda0%7Ciid%3A1

AndyN01 9th April 2021 10:15

Agreed.

Damson?

mh007 9th April 2021 12:21

Damson Red it is.

Another lovely colour that suits the 75 so well.

coolguy 9th April 2021 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by mh007 (Post 2875902)
Damson Red it is.

...and one of very few colours which remained available throughout the whole production run, although only 1682 were produced (from memory, as I have a late Tourer in the same shade).

The Rovering Member 9th April 2021 13:40

A bit of recommisioning & that has the makings of a lovely car.

mh007 9th April 2021 22:32

Bit of a strange set of images though.

Mostly the interior & only one straight on from the O/S & an odd angle on the N/S.

Some images of the front & rear would be nice & the reg number (to see MOT history - you can just about make out part of the reg number on the sales invoice but I wonder if that shows a private plate because it appears to start with a W, a couple of numbers like 80 then DTE or OTE).

Had a new clutch but no mention of belts (although it has full service history so you would expect them to have been changed.....three times if you go by time recommendation).

Georgies Dad 10th April 2021 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by mh007 (Post 2876008)
Bit of a strange set of images though.

Mostly the interior & only one straight on from the O/S & an odd angle on the N/S.

Some images of the front & rear would be nice & the reg number (to see MOT history - you can just about make out part of the reg number on the sales invoice but I wonder if that shows a private plate because it appears to start with a W, a couple of numbers like 80 then DTE or OTE).

Had a new clutch but no mention of belts (although it has full service history so you would expect them to have been changed.....three times if you go by time recommendation).

I asked the seller,belts last changed in 2008 so they are long over due,more pictures of front and rear end going on later,also it has been stood up for the last 5 years so will need a good service plus replacement parts that have probably perished over the time it has been standing,sellers say's thats why its a low starting price.

actros 10th April 2021 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by mh007 (Post 2875902)
Damson Red it is.

Same as mine good colour

mh007 10th April 2021 13:14

For anyone who may be interested in this one:

The seller has said he'll post more pictures up later of the front & rear & gave the reg number: MK02 WNV

Timing belts were done in 2008 (no indication of mileage but even due to the time passed, you'd want these checked at the very least!).

MOT'd until 6th april 2022.

The MOT history is a little colourful but nothing too serious.
It failed the MOT in March 2021, one of the items being the typical front to rear brake pipe.
It actually failed on the N/S pipe & advised on the O/S.
The N/S must have been replaced to pass but it was still advised on the O/S!
Who in their right mind only replaces the one pipe when they literally run side by side (until they split off at the rear of course) :shrug:

I think the seller is genuine enough but I get the impression that the bare minimum has been done to get it through the MOT's, which then tends to make you question the service history.

There's no question that this is a lovely car although I think the starting bid may be a bit high at 2k (reserve not met).

If I was the buyer, I would change the other brake pipe & sort the other advisories out, change the belts etc for piece of mind & give a thorough service.

All this of course based on the car being a keeper.

Georgies Dad: Sorry for some duplication.....I read your post after typing this little lot out :D