The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Its have not of (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=243996)

Kev-T 5th May 2016 07:31

Its have not of

Before i start can i just say that i mean no offence. Has anyone else noticed how some people use the word "of " when they really should be using "have ". Why do they do it? Is it that hard to use the correct word? It's not just young kids either so it can't be blamed on the way they are taught at school. And what's with using the letter F instead of Th as in, it's "THINK " not "FINK". Does this wind other people up aswell? Ok rant over, goodmorning folks :}

Kev-T

Nick Greg 5th May 2016 07:35

I agree! Up where I live (Keighley West Yorks) most substitute of for have and also has for as. Maybe its a regional thing. As for me I was born in Derbyshire and taught right proper grammar!

Lancpudn 5th May 2016 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev-T (Post 2281286)
Before i start can i just say that i mean no offence. Has anyone else noticed how some people use the word "of " when they really should be using "have ". Why do they do it? Is it that hard to use the correct word? It's not just young kids either so it can't be blamed on the way they are taught at school. And what's with using the letter F instead of Th as in, it's "THINK " not "FINK". Does this wind other people up aswell? Ok rant over, goodmorning folks :}

Kev-T

I blame the septics......and facebook:D

Kev-T 5th May 2016 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Greg (Post 2281289)
I agree! Up where I live (Keighley West Yorks) most substitute of for have and also has for as. Maybe its a regional thing. As for me I was born in Derbyshire and taught right proper grammar!

Ha ha ha ha 😂. I do like it when people spoke propa england. But seriously why do they do it, i don't think it can be blamed on where you live really, can it?

😃
Kev-T

[QUOTE=Lancpudn;2281293]I blame the septics......and facebook:D

Good point there :}
After all they do tend to use a bastardised version of the english language :duh:

Kev-T

coolcat 5th May 2016 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev-T (Post 2281286)

Kev-T

There is an argument that you shouldn't start a sentence with 'And' but it's open to debate :eek:;):D

stevestrat 5th May 2016 07:53

My english teacher resembled Christopher Lee, right down to wearing the black teacher's gown. Errors were usually pointed out by a hefty smack on the back of the head.

thomas 75 connie 5th May 2016 07:56

Being brought up on the Isle of Wight it was widely used over there.
Also somewhen is used alot aswell.

If I do it sometimes then I apologise but it wont be changing as thats the way I talk:}

Not having a moan at all just letting you guys know:}

Kev-T 5th May 2016 08:04

[QUOTE=coolcat;2281301]There is an argument that you shouldn't start a sentance with 'And' but it's open to debate :eek:;):D

Ha ha ha 😂
Well done, :} I didn't realise i'd done that, seriously i didn't realise it. I'm not saying i'm perfect, far from it, no offence meant to anyone sorry 😉
Live long and prosper nanoo nanoo :}:}:}

Kev-T

coolcat 5th May 2016 08:13

[QUOTE=Kev-T;2281311]
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2281301)
There is an argument that you shouldn't start a sentence with 'And' but it's open to debate :eek:;):D

Ha ha ha ��
Well done, :} I didn't realise i'd done that, seriously i didn't realise it. I'm not saying i'm perfect, far from it, no offence meant to anyone sorry ��
Live long and prosper nanoo nanoo :}:}:}

Kev-T

And none taken.......whoops !!!:D;):getmecoat:

Kev-T 5th May 2016 08:19

[QUOTE=coolcat;2281319]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev-T (Post 2281311)

And none taken.......whoops !!!:D;):getmecoat:

I :D:D:D:D

Kev-T