The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Difficult start when the weather is cold (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=275326)

dime 1st November 2017 18:49

Difficult start when the weather is cold

Hello guys.I have a problem with my rover 75 1.8 petrol.
When the weather is cold (temp. Is less then 10 degrees) my car diffucult start. I have to turn the key several times 3-4 so it can start. This is a short cranking around two second and i have to heard the fuel pump to stop makeing noise so I can crank again.
I've notice when the weather is cold fuel pump make a quiet noice(injection) when I turn on the key.
I don't have this problem when the weather is hot or aften the first start, when the motor is still hot.
Is it possible that the fuel pump or some sensor can cause the problem?

Thank you for all sugestions...

dime 1st September 2020 09:37

Please help☹️any solution on this problem

Hello guys.I have a problem with my rover 75 1.8 petrol.
When the weather is cold (temp. Is less then 10 degrees) my car diffucult start. I have to turn the key several times 3-4 so it can start. This is a short cranking around two second and i have to heard the fuel pump to stop makeing noise so I can crank again.
I've notice when the weather is cold fuel pump make a quiet noice(injection) when I turn on the key.
I don't have this problem when the weather is hot or aften the first start, when the motor is still hot.
Is it possible that the fuel pump or some sensor can cause the problem?

Thank you for all sugestions...[/QUOTE]

T-Cut 1st September 2020 12:20

Hello Dime. When it does start (cold) is the tickover smooth or lumpy, becoming smoother after warming up a little?

TC

dime 1st September 2020 12:55

When I start the car, it don't have any tickover, but the car can't start at first, I must try 2-3 times.

T-Cut 1st September 2020 15:48

Yes, but when it finally runs, is the tickover smooth or lumpy for a while?

TC

COLVERT 1st September 2020 16:31

WOW.---THREE years between your first and last identical posts.
Has your car been garaged all of this time ???

If so I guess you'll be asking quite a few questions about the rest of the car too.
Good luck. Lots of helpful folk on the forum to give you advice.

edwardmk 1st September 2020 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2834429)
WOW.---THREE years between your first and last identical posts.
Has your car been garaged all of this time ???

If so I guess you'll be asking quite a few questions about the rest of the car too.
Good luck. Lots of helpful folk on the forum to give you advice.

Well spotted. I just thought it was an accidental double posting. Interesting.
Hopefully dime you will have the chance and energy to follow through this time.
lots of people here to help you. Everyone would like to know did you park the car for three years or have you been using it?:shrug:

dime 2nd September 2020 07:09

The car was not in the garage for the past 3 years, I drive it like that, whit the problem. I don't have other isues while driving only when it start on cold time.

T-Cut 2nd September 2020 07:58

So, when it finally runs, is the tickover smooth or lumpy for a while?
Do you check and top up the coolant regularly?

TC

dime 2nd September 2020 18:08

maybe for while 5sec the tickover is smooth.coolant always is regular i think maybe is some senzor or fuel pump