The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Humour Corner (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   famous last words (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=22637)

eeen 22nd June 2008 22:47

famous last words

Please feel free to add your own contributions
real or made up

Where's all that water coming from? (Captain Smith.Titanic)

It doesn't matter which terminal you connect the red wire to! (anon)

Don't worry it's not loaded!

I'll stand over here out of the way -Horatio Nelson

F****** Hell!-G.A.Custer

brum29 23rd June 2008 07:06

They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist. . . .
Killed in battle during US Civil War.
~~ General John Sedgwick, Union Commander, d. 1864

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." -- Western Union internal memo, 1876.

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." -- Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895

"So we went to Atari and said, 'Hey, we've got this amazing thing, even built with some of your parts, and what do you think about funding us? Or we'll give it to you. We just want to do it. Pay our salary, we'll come work for you.' And they said, 'No.' So then we went to Hewlett-Packard, and they said, 'Hey, we don't need you. You haven't got through college yet.'" -- Apple Computer Inc. founder Steve Jobs on attempts to get Atari and H-P interested in his and Steve Wozniak's personal computer.

"I'm just glad it'll be Clark Gable who's falling on his face and not Gary Cooper." -- Gary Cooper, on his decision to not take the leading role in "Gone With The Wind."

Jules 23rd June 2008 09:59

"Wot's it doing now"
Not funny but a comment heard many a time by the captain on "black box" recorders of an imminent plane crash.

baxlin 23rd June 2008 10:44

Can't remember his name - was it **** James? - who on behalf of DECCA said a certain mop-haired group from Liverpool had no talent or future.

Edit - he was known by an abbreviated version of Richard, which the swear filter doesn't seem to like

ragitty 23rd June 2008 11:35

The man with the new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds.

don't judge people by their relatives.

Trust in god, but lock your car.

flies do not enter a closed mouth.

One cannot always be a hero, but one can always be human.

Confess you were wrong yesterday, it will show you are wise today.

Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from a friends forehead.

ragitty 23rd June 2008 12:02

I have no idea what SPAM is, and would never use it!! even if I did know what it was............................................... .................................................. ...

Dave Stocktake 2008 :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

eeen 23rd June 2008 12:35

The chairman of Triumph Motorcycles after a visit to Japan in the early sixties.
"We have nothing to fear from the Japanese motorcycle industry"

stocktake 23rd June 2008 14:20

Can you smell Gas...........

Bigruss :D

ragitty 23rd June 2008 15:30

Plenums filling up with water and possibly drowning the ecu!!!!

what a load of rubbish.......................that would never happen to me.

Timbop6 2008 :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

Tatts 23rd June 2008 15:43

I'll just finish the BBQ off in the Awning as it's raining...

~Stocktake