The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MOT Fail (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=326356)

FantasticMrFish 28th November 2023 13:52

MOT Fail

😭😭😭

At least it's only the handbrake and some track rod ends. Should be retesting tomorrow

Sent from my Note 16 Pro using Tapatalk

macafee2 28th November 2023 14:20

That is a relief I think even if a disappointment. Not nice to do at this time of year but not major expense.

macafee2

FantasticMrFish 28th November 2023 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2984049)
That is a relief I think even if a disappointment. Not nice to do at this time of year but not major expense.

macafee2

Yeah. To be honest with the white stuff forecast this week I'm just going to let the garage change the track rod and the shoes as I don't fancy doing it on the drive.

The handbrake was my fault. I fitted my lovely new handle mechanism from yourself along with a modified compensator and adjusted the shoes but apparently the shoes have next to nothing on them which I didn't check so one of the wheels wasn't locking up enough. You live and learn.

Advisory on the offside front arm but that can survive till the spring when I can do it myself in some semblance of warmth. May drop the entire subframe on the front and back when the sun starts shining.

Here's to another year (hopefully tomorrow)

Shaun

macafee2 28th November 2023 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by FantasticMrFish (Post 2984051)
Yeah. To be honest with the white stuff forecast this week I'm just going to let the garage change the track rod and the shoes as I don't fancy doing it on the drive.

The handbrake was my fault. I fitted my lovely new handle mechanism from yourself along with a modified compensator and adjusted the shoes but apparently the shoes have next to nothing on them which I didn't check so one of the wheels wasn't locking up enough. You live and learn.

Advisory on the offside front arm but that can survive till the spring when I can do it myself in some semblance of warmth. May drop the entire subframe on the front and back when the sun starts shining.

Here's to another year (hopefully tomorrow)

Shaun

Welcome, I'm just glad it was good enough to fit.

macafee2

SD1too 29th November 2023 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by FantasticMrFish (Post 2984051)
... and adjusted the shoes but apparently the shoes have next to nothing on them ...

:confused:
It's likely to be an adjustment error Shaun. The handbrake shoes have thin linings by design but anyway, an MOT tester cannot see them!

Simon

FantasticMrFish 29th November 2023 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2984096)
:confused:

It's likely to be an adjustment error Shaun. The handbrake shoes have thin linings by design but anyway, an MOT tester cannot see them!

Simon

More than likely, it's a job I've always hated doing so I usually rush it. The garage is run by a friend of mine so they took the rear disc off and said the shoes weren't in good nick so maybe a bit of both.

Shaun