The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Members Cars For-Sale (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Monogram Rover 75 tourer for sale. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=34417)

Phil 8th March 2009 22:41

Monogram Rover 75 tourer for sale.

Hi, I've decided that I'm going to sell the 75 as I need to raise some money for home improvements. SWMBO has declared she wants a kitchen NOW!! So my intention is to use my bike for a bit then buy another 75 at a later date. I quite fancy a Contemporary SE saloon. Which I will have to finance.
That is my reason for selling.

The car is a 2002 Connoisseur 2.5 litre V6 automatic with 73K on the clock painted Chromactive Spectre. The car interior is black leather and is very smart, there is a small square cut out of the climate control panel which I think is because it may of had a phone kit fitted at some point.
Outside is in good condition but when I bought it there was a dent in the o/s sill and a rust bubble on the n/s/r wheel arch. This was about the size of a penny piece and has been cut out and a good piece of metal fitted and looks great. There is a paint defect on the bonnet, o/s/f wing and the roof however everyone else I've tried to point this out to has been unable to see it. In some lights it is invisible and my girlfriend thinks I've gone mad.
The car was I think an EX MGR car and I've added up all the extras the car has and the car would have cost about £35000 when new!!
It has:
Satnav
Wood wheel,
torch,
Black memory leather,
Rain sensing wipers,
DVD player in roof, (Factory fit believe)
Cooled arm rest cubby,
Parking sensors,
Deattachable towbar, (I don't have the ball bit though:o)
Parking sensors,
Meteor alloys. (Some kerbing)
Xenons
I have fitted a new inlet manifold to this car.

The bad bits that again I would have sorted if being kept.
The front wishbone rear bushes will need replacing at some point but I will include the bushes with the car,
There is a whine from I think the A/C compressor, this isn't stopping the a/c from working and I will include a second hand compressor with the car,
The oil cooler has been disconnected at some point, it isn't causing any issues and I've no idea why it has been disconnected. I was going to get a new one but haven't got around to it yet.
There is a small leak from the autobox, I think from the front cover which looks to be only held on by 10 mm headed bolts and looks quite simple.
There is a vibration at a certain RPM which isn't causing any problems at the moment.
I think I've covered everything and want to be as honest as possible. I may have put people off but I would rather people are aware of everything I am.
Since owning it I have done very little to it really other than changing the oil and washing it! It is taxed until the end of April. I can't remember when the MOT runs out but I think its August.

I paid £4000 for it last year and since then I've bought a new inlet manifold and paid for the sill and wheel arch repair. It has been an expensive experience. I would like to get all my money back but as that is never going to happen I would like to ask £3900 for it.http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...75383cbf03.jpg

Rabett_Rover 8th March 2009 22:46

Good luck selling it mate!:)

lady zed 8th March 2009 22:50

Phil,

You're worse than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with the sale. However, why not finance the kitchen instead of a new car? Would you not be better taking out a loan for somthing that will add value to your house, instead of a car which will depreciate? If you own that car outright, you'd be mad to get rid of it. I know, believe me. This time last year I owned a car outright, now I'm back on finance. Think about it. xx

Rob75 8th March 2009 23:06

awww phil mate i'm so sorry to hear that your selling up, alough you are in the same boat as me as i need to sell due to a jaguar i want.:getmecoat:

Anyway good luck with the sale, im sure she will sell with no problem atall being such a beautiful car!:drool4:

James.uk 8th March 2009 23:18

Hi Phil, first the good news. My bro used to be in the building trade and employed a bloke for all his kitchen fitting jobs. If-- you are not going to DIY it, I can let you have his details, he does brill work at good prices, and I know he covers Wilts as well as Dorset. :)

Sorry about your car though, good luck with the sale..

Phil 8th March 2009 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 295660)
Hi Phil, first the good news. My bro used to be in the building trade and employed a bloke for all his kitchen fitting jobs. If-- you are not going to DIY it, I can let you have his details, he does brill work at good prices, and I know he covers Wilts as well as Dorset. :)

Sorry about your car though, good luck with the sale..

Many thanks. Could you pm them over?

sworks 9th March 2009 05:53

Sorry to hear you're selling Phil, gorgeous car. Good luck

moonstoneboy 9th March 2009 07:51

Come on Phil, be sensible, cars like that are very hard to find, girlfriends on the other hand.........

Shame you are having to sell - ever thought of having a go at your kitchen yourself? If you need to tile use large one, far easier than small ones.

Paul

JohnDotCom 9th March 2009 08:28

Well I know what I would do,
and it wouldn't be swapping the Car to finance a Kitchen!!

juzza0 9th March 2009 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 295647)
Phil,

You're worse than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with the sale. However, why not finance the kitchen instead of a new car? Would you not be better taking out a loan for something that will add value to your house, instead of a car which will depreciate? If you own that car outright, you'd be mad to get rid of it. I know, believe me. This time last year I owned a car outright, now I'm back on finance. Think about it. xx

:wss: Sorry you've got to sell your 75 Phil, its a really special car and the monograms are really hard to find. Your roof mount screen and DVD is definitely factory fitted. Anna does make a very good point.... i remember when i had to sell my MK1 ZT... which i still miss, even with what i've got now, so its worth considering, but if you've got to sell - good luck :)