The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Load space saloon vs tourer? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=226270)

MGBJM 17th September 2015 18:53

Load space saloon vs tourer?

Just as a matter of curiosity, I was wondering if the luggage space in the back of a tourer is actually significantly bigger than the saloon when the load cover is in use.... The saloon can be a tight fit for camping stuff if you want to keep the cabin clear for security reasons (hence the load cover reference)

rrobson 17th September 2015 19:21

Depth isn't any different really, the width will be the same but the advantage of a tourer comes when loading with the extra height and you can fill it up to the height of the roof, where as the saloon only has space up to the boot.

Personally I'd never have another saloon simply because of all the extra space you get with a tourer.

And the glass opens so you can fill the boot, then cram those last bits in through the window :D

Ps3000 17th September 2015 20:37

According to this

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/articles...-75-car-review

There's actually slightly less volume in the tourer with the rear seats in place. They don't say how they measure - but given the figures, it must be only up to the load cover level.

Coups 18th September 2015 07:09

I had a tourer and then a saloon, then a saloon with the Harmon Kardon. Boots seemed biggest in that order. The sub woofer in the current one really constricts the boot.

pm77 18th September 2015 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGBJM (Post 2098512)
The saloon can be a tight fit for camping stuff if you want to keep the cabin clear for security reasons (hence the load cover reference)

Surely it won't make a difference with the load cover? You have your camping stuff in (load cover not used), then when you get to site, empty most of it to go camping, leaving the boot with enough room to use the load cover:shrug:

colintf 18th September 2015 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ps3000 (Post 2098620)
According to this

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/articles...-75-car-review

There's actually slightly less volume in the tourer with the rear seats in place. They don't say how they measure - but given the figures, it must be only up to the load cover level.

true!

before buying my cdti ZT I looked at a monogram 190se ztt.

I compare how many big bags i could get in the floor area of that compared to the boot area of a zt next to it. I got 2 more bags on the boot floor of teh zt than the ztt. strange but true! :cool:

windrush 18th September 2015 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrobson (Post 2098541)
Depth isn't any different really, the width will be the same but the advantage of a tourer comes when loading with the extra height and you can fill it up to the height of the roof, where as the saloon only has space up to the boot.

Personally I'd never have another saloon simply because of all the extra space you get with a tourer.

And the glass opens so you can fill the boot, then cram those last bits in through the window :D

I agree and the load cover will stretch over the load if not too high but with a saloon the boot lid down that it

Robson Rover Repair 18th September 2015 10:31

The effect for me is very psychology when you fill an enclosed space, you try and make the most of the space and pack it in neater.

I'm same with saloon over tourer, my saloon boots where always far better organised for shopping trips etc.

Tourer makes it to easy to keep filling and Pilling up. Lol.

One thing I will say, the extra height is useless unless you have a dog guard or the roller blind with divider unless you want loose stuff spilling onto your rear seats (within reason)

windrush 18th September 2015 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin_NI (Post 2098952)
The effect for me is very psychology when you fill an enclosed space, you try and make the most of the space and pack it in neater.

I'm same with saloon over tourer, my saloon boots where always far better organised for shopping trips etc.

Tourer makes it to easy to keep filling and Pilling up. Lol.

One thing I will say, the extra height is useless unless you have a dog guard or the roller blind with divider unless you want loose stuff spilling onto your rear seats (within reason)

I thought that all tourers were fitted with a dog guard mine is and I didn't ask for one and was a bespoke order

BigRuss 18th September 2015 10:44

As Colin says above the problem with the Tourer is that without the Dog guard or cargo net built into the blind, filling the loadspace above the level of the load cover means that if you were unfortunate to be involved in an accident any loose items could potentially cause injury to the occupants of the car.

Russ