The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Discussion (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Brexit Negotiations to 2020 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=278741)

rustymotor 29th January 2018 15:59

Brexit Negotiations to 2020

How strange now we have to abide by EU rules until December 2020, have no say after the exit time, hold off on other International trade agreements. While the EU concocts a deal to suit them..Is the EU worrying that other members will want to jump ship? :shrug:

Stevie25 29th January 2018 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustymotor (Post 2589831)
How strange now we have to abide by EU rules until December 2020, have no say after the exit time, hold off on other International trade agreements. While the EU concocts a deal to suit them..Is the EU worrying that other members will want to jump ship? :shrug:

Coming to a free trade agreement with the EU should be "one of the easiest in human history" because our rules and laws are already the same, the international trade secretary Laim Fox has said. (2017)
Really?...........

living in NI with the NI/ROI border issue means living in the real world.

mystabe 29th January 2018 16:43

Quote:

That was always the deal, we loose everything then we have then have to figure out what we have to sell to Papua New Guinea - oh and Europe - that we make here...... which is basically nothing that doesn't involve importing most of it ...... brilliant plan......

Maybe it would be if anyone at all was making any provision for it rather than mostly trying to be in charge of a political party :shrug:

rustymotor 29th January 2018 18:00

Given they and we have dedicated people to sort this out, I wonder what is really going on here, unfortunately I'm not smart enough to work it out..

rustymotor 30th January 2018 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by mystabe (Post 2589845)
That was always the deal, we loose everything then we have then have to figure out what we have to sell to Papua New Guinea - oh and Europe - that we make here...... which is basically nothing that doesn't involve importing most of it ...... brilliant plan......

Maybe it would be if anyone at all was making any provision for it rather than mostly trying to be in charge of a political party :shrug:

Is it possible that an early clean Brexit would see UK Ltd crash and the government along with it? Personally, I was for staying in though, if we come out I'm not bothered about it..but let's get on with it asap which I believe would be best for business.

SideValve 30th January 2018 21:51

No matter what sort of deal we get hard. soft, Norwegian, custom union whatever half the country will be saying we should have stayed in and the other half will be saying we got the wrong deal. In the mean time the Govt will carry on merrily cutting public services or putting them in the hands of big business and then saying the costs are going up so they have to cut more.
One little example, saving money by outsourcing court services means we are now pay £50m to contractors. Courts have been closed and justice suffers. Who gains?
We moan about losing control while selling the national grid to the Chinese. Even old Ernie (NS&I Premium Bonds) are now administered by a French company.
Our problem isn't whether we are in Europe or out of Europe. Its whether we have a government that governs in our interest or just feathers their own nest.

rustymotor 31st January 2018 07:15

Hi Sidevalve, I agree, Brexit, Government and EU the whole lot to my mind has become a game of smoke and mirrors..rarely do we know what is actually going on. The great UK sell off, who if anyone has a credible plan? Trump perhaps :}

stevenicks 31st January 2018 10:26

May and this government are going to pamper to Brussels's whim's and wishes and sell us down the swanny :shrug:

Stevie25 31st January 2018 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenicks (Post 2590506)
May and this government are going to pamper to Brussels's whim's and wishes and sell us down the swanny :shrug:

Coming to a free trade agreement with the EU should be "one of the easiest in human history" because our rules and laws are already the same, the international trade secretary Laim Fox has said. (2017)
Really?...........

mystabe 31st January 2018 13:20

Quote:

I doubt it, whatever politicians say there really isn't anywhere else that would be profitable for EU members to trade with. America are 'being great again', China just wants to export anything other than luxury items and India.........

Everywhere else is just too far away.