The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   V8 Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Form an orderly Queue (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=296861)

ratchet 23rd June 2019 14:35

Form an orderly Queue

Only 66k kilometres..............but 29k Euros :eek:

Don't know if it's my eyesight, or a trick of the light - but the rear bumper may have taken a bang. If it has, surely you'd get it sorted before trying to flog it for that price :shrug:

https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1614379685.htm/

FLYING BANANA 23rd June 2019 14:38

Looks to be sizeable dent unless a trick of the light.

pete 75 24th June 2019 08:50

We lived in France for 6 years,nothing surprises me with how they present there cars and asking prices.I gave my French neighbor 2 websites in the UK where they sell lhd cars,he was chuffed to bits how much he saved and had a weeks holiday in the UK and still paid less than the equivalent car would have cost in France.

clf 24th June 2019 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2742715)
Looks to be sizeable dent unless a trick of the light.

I think it's the light shining in from the doorway , but it does look like a dent in the picture.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Blink 24th June 2019 15:18

Poor Photoshop? (Compare it to this - https://i.wheelsage.org/pictures/mg/...u_mg_zt_41.jpg)

Here's one with only 29,000 miles - https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1115668

marinabrian 25th June 2019 00:42

Form an orderly queue.........

........at the bus stop, not even if it were free would I want that :duh:

Brian :cool:

Blink 25th June 2019 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2743062)
........at the bus stop, not even if it were free would I want that :duh:

Brian :cool:

Which one wouldn't you want?

DeeJ 25th June 2019 10:49

LHD cars are always expensive, if for no other reason because of their rarity. The top prices are being asked for Rover 75 V8's. Since a little under 40 were ever made, that's no wonder. Nowhere near that number will still exist, I imagine. Currently there are 4 for sale in Europe, I see over on the Two-Sixties Complete List, in Holland (2), France and Norway, all between the equivalent of £20k and £23k. Last week one sold in Belgium for around £20k, and a Tourer in Switzerland, one of the three, for about the same. Fact of life; that appears to be the market price for LHD cars.

clf 25th June 2019 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeJ (Post 2743114)
LHD cars are always expensive, if for no other reason because of their rarity. The top prices are being asked for Rover 75 V8's. Since a little under 40 were ever made, that's no wonder. Nowhere near that number will still exist, I imagine. Currently there are 4 for sale in Europe, I see over on the Two-Sixties Complete List, in Holland (2), France and Norway, all between the equivalent of £20k and £23k. Last week one sold in Belgium for around £20k, and a Tourer in Switzerland, one of the three, for about the same. Fact of life; that appears to be the market price for LHD cars.

Cars for sale in general fetched higher prices on the continent, not just zt/75s.

marinabrian 25th June 2019 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blink (Post 2743081)
Which one wouldn't you want?

I'd prefer public transport to the V8 ;)

Brian :D

clf 25th June 2019 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2743172)

dont worry Brian, there's always THIS ;) correct colour too!

SCP440 25th June 2019 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2743124)
Cars for sale in general fetched higher prices on the continent, not just zt/75s.

I was surprised when I found out how much a friend paid for an 8 year old Renault in Sweden last year. Nothing special just a car for his wife to run to the shops and take the kids to school and it was double what he would have paid for the same car here even from a dealer.

When I told him how much you could actually get a runner for he was shocked as he reckoned any car that was less than £1500 was considered disposable in Sweden like we would if we bought a £200 car here.

MSS 25th June 2019 20:22

Quote:

What if the public transport has a V8? :shrug:

T16 26th June 2019 18:42

People need to understand the UK used car market is probably the cheapest in the world.

All the vaginas that get their Diesel RangeRover/BMW/Audi on HP/lease with their matchbox new build house and their pea-brained, narrowminded life on rails are actually doing everyone else a favour when it comes to used cars.

Stuff that is £500 in the UK could quite easily be £3-4000EUR in Europe.

Also their cars tend to be in better condition, heavily stone chipped cars are rare in Germany for example, as the roads do not have anywhere near as much loose garbage as the poorly constructed UK roads with loose stones and gravel everywhere.

SCP440 27th June 2019 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by T16 (Post 2743439)
People need to understand the UK used car market is probably the cheapest in the world.

I wonder why this is? Could it be the steering wheel location or the stretch of water?

I know a customer who went to the US last year for a couple of months was expecting to buy a rubbish car to do some touring about in and leave it at the airport on his return was amazed what even a rust bucket was going to cost him so in the end he hired a car for under $20 a day.

clf 27th June 2019 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP440 (Post 2743537)
I wonder why this is? Could it be the steering wheel location or the stretch of water?

I know a customer who went to the US last year for a couple of months was expecting to buy a rubbish car to do some touring about in and leave it at the airport on his return was amazed what even a rust bucket was going to cost him so in the end he hired a car for under $20 a day.

We live and travel in a relatively small place. Cars are commodities for the most part. We still have the perception that over 100k miles they are beyond use. Whereas a lot of places abroad,they're necessities, maintained to be reliable rather than just look good. Like any good tool, they maintain value and are sought after.

ratchet 27th June 2019 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by T16 (Post 2743439)

Spot on - so much for rip off uk :D

My ZTT is about to bite the dust - the poor thing had a bad start to life, and what started off as anthracite is now turning into the colour of Irn Bru, with just as many bubbles.

I paid pennies for it, and had a good four years out of it, but I should have junked it a couple of years ago when we left Scotland and moved to France - getting it legal over here cost more than I originally paid for the car (including 250 for a C. of C :mad:) the problem was I liked the damn thing.

So I'm now looking for a replacement - and the air turns blue every time I start searching. Car prices over here are :eek:

T16 27th June 2019 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratchet (Post 2743665)
Spot on - so much for rip off uk :D

My ZTT is about to bite the dust - the poor thing had a bad start to life, and what started off as anthracite is now turning into the colour of Irn Bru, with just as many bubbles.

I paid pennies for it, and had a good four years out of it, but I should have junked it a couple of years ago when we left Scotland and moved to France - getting it legal over here cost more than I originally paid for the car (including 250 for a C. of C :mad:) the problem was I liked the damn thing.

So I'm now looking for a replacement - and the air turns blue every time I start searching. Car prices over here are :eek:

Indeed, when I was looking at VW CC's, same spec car in the UK was around £15k GPB, in DE, was 25k Euro

marinabrian 28th June 2019 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by T16 (Post 2743670)
Indeed, when I was looking at VW CC's, same spec car in the UK was around £15k GPB, in DE, was 25k Euro

It's about time you signed up for that lovely new VW for your drug runs Ross, don't you agree ;)

Beena wild 29th June 2019 11:33

Brian I can't read your posts on account of that amoeba emoji coloured thingy - i would not object to a pic of a 1977 Morris Marina or an '81 Ital!:shrug:

DeeJ 29th June 2019 20:03

I prefer amoebas :}

grivas 29th June 2019 20:13

Quote:

French or British? Brian

marinabrian 29th June 2019 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by grivas (Post 2744348)
French or British? Brian

Either really ;)

Blink 1st July 2019 13:12

It is fairly headache-inducing Brian. ;)

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...a0675636c0.gifhttps://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...a0675636c0.gifhttps://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...a0675636c0.gifhttps://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...a0675636c0.gif

ratchet 1st July 2019 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by grivas (Post 2744348)
French or British? Brian

It barely exists in rural France. My nearest bus route is about 8 miles away, and the nearest train station is about 40 miles.

marinabrian 4th July 2019 23:13

I would move to Holland then ;) I've just experienced the wonders of the public transport system in Amsterdam.........fantastic, and if that isn't enough there are zillions of little ant sized cars called, and I kid you not, Biro !!

https://tours-cdn.azureedge.net/cid6...190445_800.jpg

Fabulous :drool4:

DeeJ 5th July 2019 09:54

Not exactly public transport, Brian, more personal transport (/torture).
At Euro 14,707 for the one with room for a shopping bag or 25,000 for one with shock-absorbers (wow!) and a seat you actually sit in, I can't see it being the answer. The two Rover 75 V8's currently for sale in Holland both cost less than the top model Biro, go further than 40 km, and a tad faster than 45kph.

That's why there are not "zillions", but 300 of them in Amsterdam.

Blink 5th July 2019 10:46

Made in Italy (just north of Venice) by a company called Estrima Srl. Their head office is at (wait for it) - Via Roveredo.

https://www.estrima.com/en/

https://biro.nl/en/

DeeJ 5th July 2019 11:04

You live and learn ! Thanks.
Makes sense since it looks like a Fiat Multipla, squeezed hard then sat upon :}

Could make a good eco-friendly Pope-mobile. The Vatican City is smaller than tiny, so the 40km range is no problem, and he hasn't got a wife to cart around. Would probably fit in his hand-baggage when he flies off somewhere too. Perfect, I imagine. Huge untapped market there...

Blink 5th July 2019 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeJ (Post 2745671)
.... Could make a good eco-friendly Pope-mobile.

His robes might be a bit of a squeeze. :}

marinabrian 5th July 2019 15:46

They are cuter, and more reliable than a V8 though ;)

In terms of public transport, if the UK had a system like the one in Amsterdam, I would use it, however we don't so I don't, but in any event I would rather walk everywhere than drive a ZT 260, or indeed a 75 V8.....the Biro is a cute little thing, everything the 260 is certainly not :getmecoat:

marinabrian 5th July 2019 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeJ (Post 2745658)
Not exactly public transport, Brian, more personal transport (/torture).
At Euro 14,707 for the one with room for a shopping bag or 25,000 for one with shock-absorbers (wow!) and a seat you actually sit in, I can't see it being the answer. The two Rover 75 V8's currently for sale in Holland both cost less than the top model Biro, go further than 40 km, and a tad faster than 45kph.

That's why there are not "zillions", but 300 of them in Amsterdam.

That'll be 300 more "cars" than Rover then ;)

You can take it from me, they appeared to be everywhere, so how do we arrive at a figure of 300 then?

ratchet 25th July 2019 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2745570)
I would move to Holland then ;)

I would move there tomorrow if I could, but it wouldn't be for the public transport system :hippy:

They have something similar to the ant cars over here - voiture sans permis. limited to 30mph, and an utter pita when encountered on the roads. They usually have dinks on every panel, and are driven by people who are incapable of passing a driving test or who are habitual drunks.

bl52krz 28th July 2019 21:41

Quote:

Dont worry Bri. We won’t make you ride in one. Not yet anyway.