The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Very heavy rain and no coats (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=300036)

macafee2 17th October 2019 14:59

Very heavy rain and no coats

On my way home the rain came down, double speed wipers not keeping up
and visibility poor.
What I found a bit concerning was the amount of school children on their way home without coats. I know they probably don't think coats are cool but the forecast was rain.

macafee2

Number 6 17th October 2019 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2769204)
On my way home the rain came down, double speed wipers not keeping up
and visibility poor.
What I found a bit concerning was the amount of school children on their way home without coats. I know they probably don't think coats are cool but the forecast was rain.

macafee2

Mmmmm, Do school children take notice of weather reports? too busy texting friend s on their I phones

reworht 17th October 2019 16:42

May be a similar problem to my grandson's school - they are NOT allowed to put their overcoats (there's an old fashioned word!) in lockers (even if they have been lucky enough to be allocated one - not enough for everyone). They HAVE to carry them around the school all day - it seems most of the pupils would rather get wet than lug a waterproof coat around with them :shrug:

SCP440 18th October 2019 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by reworht (Post 2769225)
May be a similar problem to my grandson's school - they are NOT allowed to put their overcoats (there's an old fashioned word!) in lockers (even if they have been lucky enough to be allocated one - not enough for everyone).

Don't they have ''pegs'' anymore? I remember clearly the day at school where I had a peg to hang my coat and Gym bag. It had my name written on a white sticker and below me was Kevin Low ( I wonder what happened to him?) Do they have tuck shops?

planenut 18th October 2019 07:19

Oh for an old style cloakroom; hang the child up at the beginning of the day and retrieve them at the end...........seriously though, I see it so many times and realize that it is up to parents to advise.

macafee2 18th October 2019 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2769321)
Oh for an old style cloakroom; hang the child up at the beginning of the day and retrieve them at the end...........seriously though, I see it so many times and realize that it is up to parents to advise.

:Ddon't be so silly, the parents, no way is it their responsibility, its someone else's:D.

I wanted to ask why are the parents not making sure their children went to school with a coat but thought better of it. I know my wife and I always checked and made them take coats, my son hated it.

macafee2

planenut 18th October 2019 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2769324)
I wanted to ask why are the parents not making sure their children went to school with a coat but thought better of it. I know my wife and I always checked and made them take coats, my son hated it.

macafee2

I can remember being made to take my coat, but it was the right thing to do.

Gate Keeper 18th October 2019 08:58

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...ABF6601854.jpg

Yesterday at the Dame Daphne Sheldrake Elephant Orphanage
in Nairobi, the school children wore fleeces. No hats or coats seen. We are now in the season of 2 months of heavy rains.

RPWC 18th October 2019 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2769328)
I can remember being made to take my coat, but it was the right thing to do.

Same here Fres.

COLVERT 21st October 2019 10:27

Never needed a raincoat. Cycled to school around three miles away. If it rained used just a yellow cycle cape. 5 years of staying dry.--:D

Sometimes damp feet though.-;)