The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Members jumping ship, New cars and the fate of the 75/ZT (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=274454)

TomRS 12th October 2017 13:50

Members jumping ship, New cars and the fate of the 75/ZT

Folks,

Was just curious as to who still runs these cars on a daily basis?

How many have you "saved" and why did you eventually get rid or replace with a newer car?

Also on the 75/ZT's you did have what did you have to do (in short) to keep it running in the time you've had it?

I've owned about 10 since i joined last year in 2016... i have saved a few and currently own 3 ZT's one's a Tourer and the others are Saloons, a 1.8t and another 190.
I do run my ZT-T as a daily basically travelling nearly 300 miles a week... but i have ran into my fair share of running issues.

And please tell me/us why you have sold your 75/ZT and have moved to something else?

What are you thoughts on the longitivity of the remaining cars?

championdaddy 12th October 2017 13:56

I have 2.....Zt190 as a daily..... and my ZTT which is off road while I correct the multiple abuses and neglects of former owners.

I also have a peugeot 106 1.1 which I'm getting ready for my sons first car......oh...... and me motorbike too ! LOL

Mickyboy 12th October 2017 14:00

I’ve currently got two daily drivers Rover 75 yellow Tourer and zt press car one other that I’ve given to my father-in-law, high spec ZT CDTI & one to my father one for sale and probably saved five more.

If I wrote everything I’ve done to all these cars I’ll still be here tonight unfortunately, however it’s been a pleasure having enjoyed it I’ve learnt a lot. and I’m having a great time, bring it on.
Mick

rustymotor 12th October 2017 14:52

There is a similar conversation on another thread however, I bought mine cheap because it needed a lot of paint..did no more or less than you would have to do to any comparable vehicle..I sold more or less for what I paid for it and it was running very very well..did 3600 miles to Spain and back with 5 adults, never missed a beat even stuck on the autopista in 40 c.

I bought VW for a run about with plenty of MOT but, in spring I will be in the market for another 75..The one I want is a CDTI Tour Auto. :}

People do change cars for several reasons, not many really want a project car and with the onset of winter makes it much harder.:}

Gino 12th October 2017 14:56

Afternoon all,

mine is a daily driver, brought after my 306 estate had abs issues which couldn't be traced- multiple garages had tried & failed as the car wouldn't talk to the diagnostics! It was shortly after Practical Classics ran an article on the R75/MGZT. It was about time I owned a British car, all my others having been French.
The 75 is the best carI have owned, but I do seem to have had to put far more in than on previous cars;

Front arb bushes
Front droplinks
Front arms
Alternator
Power steering pump
Battery
Front abs sensor
Front brake hoses, calipers, discs & pads
Upper & lower rear arms
Rear arb bushes
Rear droplinks
Front & Rear backplate (including handbrake mechanism)
Exhaust

I would hate to add up this cost!

Rob

TomRS 12th October 2017 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickyboy (Post 2550669)
I’ve currently got two daily drivers Rover 75 yellow Tourer and zt press car one other that I’ve given to my father-in-law, high spec ZT CDTI & one to my father one for sale and probably saved five more.

If I wrote everything I’ve done to all these cars I’ll still be here tonight unfortunately, however it’s been a pleasure having enjoyed it I’ve learnt a lot. and I’m having a great time, bring it on.
Mick

Yes i suspected some poeple would have giant list of things done, i'll amend the post.
But its nice to read peoples genuine experience and to find out if they are indeed driven daily.
With all these members selling up lately i'm just curious where the overall marque will go.

kbonney88 12th October 2017 15:08

My daily driver is a Gold 2003 Tourer CDTi, got it in 2012 on 114,000 now on 204,000 and I replace whats needed as and when. love that car.. and won't part with it..

also have 2x 2.0 V6's and a 1.8 N/A saloons that take the helm now and again.

I have another CDTi tourer that will take over from the Gold Tourer once I have visited Mickboy to pick up a part for it - Sorry for delay Mick..

I also run a 1998 Rover 620D that I got free on here.. its a fabulous car.. 99,000 miles and counting.. a very under-rated car..

all Rovers here..

;)

Kev

Amsca2 12th October 2017 15:09

Typhoon ztt as a daly driver. I rescued her from a cat c rear end damage. Brilliant car, beautiful colour and helps me keep my 218vvc coupe as an occasional toy.

TomRS 12th October 2017 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbonney88 (Post 2550695)
My daily driver is a Gold 2003 Tourer CDTi, got it in 2012 on 114,000 now on 204,000 and I replace whats needed as and when. love that car.. and won't part with it..

also have 2x 2.0 V6's and a 1.8 N/A saloons that take the helm now and again.

I have another CDTi tourer that will take over from the Gold Tourer once I have visited Mickboy to pick up a part for it - Sorry for delay Mick..

I also run a 1998 Rover 620D that I got free on here.. its a fabulous car.. 99,000 miles and counting.. a very under-rated car..

all Rovers here..

;)

Kev

Nice to read that you have a fleet! and see no getting rid, admire that! i dont plan on getting rid of mine.
I really do love the car, it tests my patience sometimes but for the most part is great.
The only pickle of my fleet is the 1.8t

zedhed 12th October 2017 15:20

Still got mine after 2 years and only just got it on the road.so far it owes me £2200 with what i paid for the car(250),although im never going to see that money back,it seen me through a bad time.