The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Car insurance rebate. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=319364)

FLYING BANANA 28th May 2022 16:11

Car insurance rebate.

How is it that the insurance companies take the money straight out of your account when you have signed up, but can take up to 30 days to give you a rebate. Having sold my V8 and cancelled the insurance I’m told that it can take up to a month before I get the money back.

And I have sent the V5 off to the DVLA. Be interesting to see how long I get a tax rebate.

wraymond 28th May 2022 17:48

You have entered a black hole. Time has no meaning there and no laws are applicable. I'm not joking. I applied to have my driving licence (voluntarily surrendered) reissued many weeks ago, still waiting. I'm told 3/4 of staff are WFH. Normally, service was good to excellent. But I suspect WFH is something of a fib.

torque2me 30th May 2022 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 2933548)
You have entered a black hole. Time has no meaning there and no laws are applicable. I'm not joking. I applied to have my driving licence (voluntarily surrendered) reissued many weeks ago, still waiting. I'm told 3/4 of staff are WFH. Normally, service was good to excellent. But I suspect WFH is something of a fib.

A great pity everyone else in the country didn't work from home, then the civil servants and quango's would know how life works!

Kev

FLYING BANANA 13th June 2022 10:00

Still waiting for the insurance rebate but the DVLA have sent me the rebate on the Bear. I got £141.26 back.

FLYING BANANA 15th June 2022 12:31

And the DVLA sent me a note today, by post, informing me that I no longer own the V8. Why not put that note in with the cheque?

Still waiting for the insurance rebate.

grivas 18th June 2022 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2933537)
How is it that the insurance companies take the money straight out of your account when you have signed up, but can take up to 30 days to give you a rebate. Having sold my V8 and cancelled the insurance I’m told that it can take up to a month before I get the money back.

And I have sent the V5 off to the DVLA. Be interesting to see how long I get a tax rebate.

It is called bureaucracy, its an all to familiar disease that affects all advanced societies, it has no cure other than killing off the offending organism, just grin and bear it, or you can write to your MP!.

Just joking, who are we the great unwashed, to question the workings of what ever, they are a law onto themselves and that's it and that's all.

MSS 18th June 2022 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2935717)
And the DVLA sent me a note today, by post, informing me that I no longer own the V8. Why not put that note in with the cheque?

Still waiting for the insurance rebate.

All this is perfectly reasonable once one appreciates how large organisations work. Most people assume that there is a single person looking at their records and dealing with matters. This is usually not the case.

There will be automated processes running within an organisation's systems for dealing with different matters. Refunds require authorisation and most companies or organisations will only have one or two scheduled cheque printing runs per month contracted out to a print factory. The cheques in the queue will be printed out on that particular day regardless of when requested.

The ownership status letter printing will be part of a different process and may even be contracted out to a different print factory.

MSS 18th June 2022 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2933537)
How is it that the insurance companies take the money straight out of your account when you have signed up, but can take up to 30 days to give you a rebate. ............

As above.

Think of how much longer it takes to return an item in say M&S compared with paying for it.

Remember, the experts on here who give you various answers based on conspiracies are usually only experts on conspiracy theories! ;):D

MSS 18th June 2022 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by torque2me (Post 2933699)
A great pity everyone else in the country didn't work from home, then the civil servants and quango's would know how life works!

Kev

A large percentage of the working population still does wfh. It's also the case that Covid related absences are still prevalent, despite everyone thinking that it's all back to normal and not taking precautions.

FLYING BANANA 24th June 2022 07:00

…………………….. and the insurance rebate has finally arrived less the administration fee. Still £152.34 will get me a full tank of fuel on Banana.