The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Why my 75 boot doesn't have any place for the warning triangle? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=294896)

Dorchester2 13th April 2019 19:41

Why my 75 boot doesn't have any place for the warning triangle?

1 Attachment(s)
In order to install the saloon bracket warning flare (I've got it without any fixation BTW) I can't find those 4 mock buttons on my bootlid trim. Why? :shrug:

May I assume that the warning triangle wasn't an option for the Cowley built models?
What to do then? What kind of device (screws, fir trees or anything else) to do the trick without messing trim & bootlid?
Thanks.

trikey 13th April 2019 19:48

You have to fit the plastic screw retainers yourself, the holes in the boot support will be there, IIRC the retaining clip for the door handles is the same.

Dorchester2 13th April 2019 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2726486)
You have to fit the plastic screw retainers yourself, the holes in the boot support will be there, IIRC the retaining clip for the door handles is the same.

If I understand it clearly, the holes are there hidden behind but don't appear on my trim?

trikey 13th April 2019 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorchester2 (Post 2726504)
If I understand it clearly, the holes are there hidden behind but don't appear on my trim?

Yes that's correct :}

Dorset Bob 13th April 2019 20:56

Yes, they are hidden and if IIRC they are square holes! :D

Dorchester2 14th April 2019 06:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorset Bob (Post 2726511)
Yes, they are hidden and if IIRC they are square holes! :D

Which pieces (ref. eventually) do I need (I haven't got any with my brackets)? I've always difficulties to find out from Rimmers inventory.
Thanks.

Asriel 14th April 2019 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorchester2 (Post 2726550)
Which pieces (ref. eventually) do I need (I haven't got any with my brackets)? I've always difficulties to find out from Rimmers inventory.
Thanks.

If you lift up the carpet on the back of the boot lid you'll see some square holes. I bought some of these, pop them in the relevant holes (it doesn't matter that they're not square), then poke a couple of holes through the carpet in the right area and screw the warning triangle holder onto the boot. Simple!

Arctic 14th April 2019 08:07

5 Attachment(s)
The tiny slits/cut out lines will be on the boot trim already they are just hard to see. look to where the triangle is fitted hopefully the photo below will help. Two at the top & two at the bottom.

Dorchester2 14th April 2019 14:05

1 Attachment(s)
Well the Halford's bits looks very useful but in France unfortunately no Halford!
And those tiny bits would cost me much more (shipping awfully dear) than the original Rover brackets I've found in France (8€ = £7!).
I need to dig deep in Ebay or Amazon to find a French seller for the equivalent.

For information genuine Rover saloon triangle being as rare & expensive as rocking horse poo, here is the one I've found for less than half the price and that may likely match with the brackets. Coming from Mercedes W203 C class or W209 / 220 CLK S class.

Dorset Bob 14th April 2019 14:27

My screws and fittings were missing too.

I just used a suitable sized household plastic rawlplugs and pushed them in the holes. ;)