The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Red funnel (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=294943)

ceedy 15th April 2019 12:06

Red funnel. Grrr

Decided to come home a bit earlier, so rang RF. Mucked around giving me prices🙄. In the end best price was. 11:50 extra per car. Ermm. No

Rang a hour later and could only do. 27:50 per car.
Ermm NO..

Popped down to the ferry office and for 1 car free,and one for £5.. and almost no wait..

RF plucking prices out of the air

SCP440 15th April 2019 17:02

Wight Link are just as bad, I was over there on leave when I was in the Air Force. I got called back a week early and had to get a ticket, they reckoned I would have to pay full price or wait until my existing ticket became valid :eek: . I explained I was in the forces and they just said pay or swim.

I begrudgingly paid as getting back late would have meant I was in trouble. The crazy thing was the ferry I was on only had a couple of other vehicles on it.

ceedy 15th April 2019 17:35

Yes ... they either have a space on not .... why does any space have differing prices depending on the time ?..

Because they can .:duh:

I.E Any price structuring = feeble excuse to roger the punter .. :mad: ;)

MSS 15th April 2019 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2726903)
Decided to come home a bit earlier, so rang RF. Mucked around giving me prices🙄. In the end best price was. 11:50 extra per car. Ermm. No

Rang a hour later and could only do. 27:50 per car.
Ermm NO..

Popped down to the ferry office and for 1 car free,and one for £5.. and almost no wait..

RF plucking prices out of the air

If this is the extent of your worries in life, I sincerely envy you! ;):}

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2726949)
Yes ... they either have a space on not .... why does any space have differing prices depending on the time ?..

Because they can .:duh:

I.E Any price structuring = feeble excuse to roger the punter .. :mad: ;)

Sometimes even logging on a second time within minutes can lead to a change in price with airlines etc. It's all to do with supply and perceived demand.

ceedy 15th April 2019 20:13

I do have other things to be worried about, that was ust for today...

But gone back now to standard MGR related stuff :D:D

C

RPWC 15th April 2019 20:42

What is Red Funnel?

Rev Jules 15th April 2019 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2727005)
What is Red Funnel?

Its a Spider. :D

Rev

SCP440 15th April 2019 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2727005)
What is Red Funnel?

One of the two companies that have a monopoly running ferries to the Isle of Wight.

They charge what they want and get away with it as every time a bridge or tunnel has been suggested they scupper the plans somehow.

I dint know if it still is but at one time it was one of the most expensive pieces of water to cross in the world with your car per mile.

The most amazing part is if you don't book at some times of day and some weekends you have little or no chance of getting across with your car unless you are prepared for a long wait.

topman 16th April 2019 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP440 (Post 2727048)
They charge what they want and get away with it as every time a bridge or tunnel has been suggested they scupper the plans somehow.

I'm surprised one or the other haven't been built over the years. You see all these megastructures around the world built and yet nothing over to the IoW.
I'm sure there's problems in building it but these plenty of other projects with them and they still got built.

MSS 16th April 2019 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by topman (Post 2727096)
I'm surprised one or the other haven't been built over the years. You see all these megastructures around the world built and yet nothing over to the IoW.
I'm sure there's problems in building it but these plenty of other projects with them and they still got built.

I hope they don't - it will kill off the only commercial hovercraft still operating in the UK. Beautiful machines they are too. :}