The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The end of the road (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=309298)

Lord of Hog 17th November 2020 11:39

The end of the road

Looks like my beautiful relationship with my 2.5 Conny is approaching an end. Failed the MOT today requiring a sill welding and I really haven't got the money to spare considering how little use the car gets now. I've put an ad on the Members Cars For Sale forum in the hope of finding a good new home for her.

SD1too 17th November 2020 14:06

From a fellow owner of an early Wedgwood blue 2.5 V6 which has had both rear sills repaired I'm sorry to read this Russell. I assume that the Rover was a second car?

Simon

Lord of Hog 21st November 2020 08:43

I have had my faith in my fellow man well and truly restored. The workshop owner called me shortly after my previous post and said "Don't you worry. We'll sort it out". The sill has now been welded and I have an MOT for another year. When I asked how much I was told he didn't want anything as I'm a good customer and bring all three of my cars to him for their work. Absolutely speechless.

macafee2 21st November 2020 09:10

wow what a kind gesture from the garage.
Christmas came early for you.
In the name of the garage, how about making a donation to charity and a box of Quality Street for them for Christmas :)

macafee2

SD1too 21st November 2020 09:25

That was close. :bigsmile:

I hope that you'll now take out the Rover more often than your other two cars. Sitting idle is the death knell for machinery as I'm sure you know!

Simon

Gino 21st November 2020 09:27

That is incredible! I believe you are very lucky to have such a generous garage owner near you :bowdown:

ZedTeeT 21st November 2020 18:14

That's great service, could you give us the name of your garage, as I'm local it's nice to know of honest places that can be relied on to work on our cars.

Thanks Jay

coolguy 21st November 2020 18:34

Small independents are great. My own garage often refuses payment for small jobs (bulb replacements etc) or coming to my home to get me out of a problem. Nothing is ever too much trouble. Very lucky they are only half a mile away, and do MOTs.

trikey 21st November 2020 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZedTeeT (Post 2849714)
That's great service, could you give us the name of your garage, as I'm local it's nice to know of honest places that can be relied on to work on our cars.

Thanks Jay

I agree with this, lets give this guy some business from here, what a great gesture.

planenut 21st November 2020 19:12

That is amazingly generous, your loyalty rewarded.