The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Yippee, straight through MOT! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=71350)

Morrisfan 26th October 2010 18:37

Yippee, straight through MOT!

I decided to take my recently purchased ZT-T for an mot today, although the current one didn't run out until next January I figured I'd be skint from xmas then, plus if it failed I could be crawling about in 6 inches of snow trying to fix it.
She went straight through with no advisories :D:D. And it gave me the oportunity to have a good look underneath while it was up on the ramps.
Yippee!:}

windrush 26th October 2010 19:10

Well done Neil its all ways good to hear news like tha

pab 26th October 2010 19:23

nice to hear a pass and no advisories,nice one..

chrissyboy 26th October 2010 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrisfan (Post 607153)
I decided to take my recently purchased ZT-T for an mot today, although the current one didn't run out until next January I figured I'd be skint from xmas then, plus if it failed I could be crawling about in 6 inches of snow trying to fix it.
She went straight through with no advisories :D:D. And it gave me the oportunity to have a good look underneath while it was up on the ramps.
Yippee!:}

impossible ,the system would not allow the car to be done now,28 days before expiry of current one would only be allowed ... loks like a dodgy mot you got there ...

Morrisfan 26th October 2010 20:25

No, not impossible or dodgy. I've just lost the last 3 months of the old mot, it can only be post-dated for up to 1 month.
My new mot runs out 1 year from now not the expiry of the old ticket.

chrissyboy 26th October 2010 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrisfan (Post 607247)
No, not impossible or dodgy. I've just lost the last 3 months of the old mot, it can only be post-dated for up to 1 month.
My new mot runs out 1 year from now not the expiry of the old ticket.

nope . i tried to do mine early so as to split the mot and tax ,so leaving me free to spend if anything had to be done for mot ,was told the system wouldnt let them do it as i had just over 2 months still to run .. was told and show the vosa rule on it .... was told to come back when there was 28 days or less to run .. will ask my guys tomorrow ,they own a mot station..

pab 26th October 2010 21:16

i was under the impression a car could be submitted at anytime for a MOT test,if the car sill had a current certificate the new certificate would be granted with an extra month.

when used vehicles are purchased they are sold with twelve months MOT regardless to what the expiry date was on the previous certificate.

Morrisfan 26th October 2010 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrissyboy (Post 607273)
nope . i tried to do mine early so as to split the mot and tax ,so leaving me free to spend if anything had to be done for mot ,was told the system wouldnt let them do it as i had just over 2 months still to run .. was told and show the vosa rule on it .... was told to come back when there was 28 days or less to run .. will ask my guys tomorrow ,they own a mot station..

Believe me, it's perfectly legitimate. I checked with the garage before I booked my car in, also did the same thing with my Morris recently. And as Pab say's a garage will always put a years ticket on a car you buy if it's not got many months left to run.
Your garage is telling you porkies.

chrissyboy 27th October 2010 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrisfan (Post 607325)
Believe me, it's perfectly legitimate. I checked with the garage before I booked my car in, also did the same thing with my Morris recently. And as Pab say's a garage will always put a years ticket on a car you buy if it's not got many months left to run.
Your garage is telling you porkies.

i stand corrected .i spoke to my guys and they told me i can do an mot at anytime but lose what is left on the current one .. i mis understood what i read and what i was told before ..;)

Morrisfan 27th October 2010 16:23

Yes, sometimes it's worth losing that 2 or 3 months mot to bring the expiry date to a more convenient time.