The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   12 weeks from this Sunday to BST. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301861)

Darcydog 1st January 2020 15:18

12 weeks from this Sunday to BST.

Not that I’m wishing my life away or anything - but I do hate walking the dogs in the dark. I long for those warm evenings sitting outside with them and walks in those light summer evenings.

Happy New Year!!!

trikey 4th January 2020 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2784357)
Not that I’m wishing my life away or anything - but I do hate walking the dogs in the dark. I long for those warm evenings sitting outside with them and walks in those light summer evenings.

Happy New Year!!!

Sames!! I hate going to and from work in the dark, the older dog has failing eyesight nowadays (She's 12) And is not too keen on dark walks she becomes very nervy.

Dallas 5th January 2020 08:33

Agree, looking forward to those warm summer evenings Clive, but I reckon we will have to wade through the snow before BST. :lipsrsealed:

bikerdude666 5th January 2020 09:15

I know I'm always alone on this, but I like the short days of the winter. Makes it so much easier to sleep during the day after a nightshift! Though scraping the windscreen before I go to work as well as when I come home does get tedious.

planenut 5th January 2020 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikerdude666 (Post 2784906)
............Makes it so much easier to sleep during the day after a nightshift! ..............

That didn't help me this morning, 11 a.m. and that was it.

Luckily, I live five miles from work and try to cycle as often as I can, and it's a blessing not having to scrape windscreen.

As to BST, I'll set my alarm now.

markypicks 5th January 2020 17:53

as i have an ex racing greyhound thats not cat tested i like walking her at night, not many dogs or cats out so its saves me from pulling my arm out of my socket when she sees something rgds mark

bikerdude666 6th January 2020 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2784939)
That didn't help me this morning, 11 a.m. and that was it.

Luckily, I live five miles from work and try to cycle as often as I can, and it's a blessing not having to scrape windscreen.

As to BST, I'll set my alarm now.

I tend to be ok once I'm asleep. The key for me is to get to sleep before it gets light. Once the suns up and the room is light I just can't get to sleep properly. Summer is a nightmare with the light and the heat!

macafee2 6th January 2020 09:38

so far I have found winter to be short. Not working much means I don't go to work in the dark or come home in the dark and that makes a big difference, I'm not up so early.
I'll walk when its cold, hat and gloves help but do prefer the shorts and T shirts weather of summer.
I too think sleep is easier in winter when its dark both in the mornings and night
but I find my motivation for DIY in the cold days is somewhat lacking

macafee2

KLM 6th January 2020 19:06

"I tend to be ok once I'm asleep. The key for me is to get to sleep before it gets light. Once the suns up and the room is light I just can't get to sleep properly".
Hey Dude,
Buy some blackout curtains, that should sort out your problem. :}
kev.