The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   ww.mg-rover.info (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317183)

Bean66 10th January 2022 00:58

ww.mg-rover.info

Hi

Not been on for a while as my Ztt has gone but as i'm looking for another early 2000's MGR car i thought i'd have a look at the number produced in the spec i wanted on

ww.mg-rover.info

It was a great site for those of us who are slightly obsessed with MGR cars but the above address no longer seems to work.

So has anyone any idea what has happened?

Is the site now defunct and gone or has the data gone somewhere else and is still accessable.

Disappointing if the site and all that data has now gone and is no longer accessabel.

Cheers Bean

stevestrat 10th January 2022 07:47

It is believed the data was sold but to whom is not known. It is rumoured it was bought by the MG Owners Club but wherever it went it has never resurfaced.

Bean66 10th January 2022 23:54

Great shame if its gone never to be available again.

Not sure if its expensive to host something like that and the data was surely not confidential in any way as who cares about the production numbers of a certain model in a certain colour for a long defunct car company bare the enthusiasts amongst us.

Sad if its never seen again.

Cheers Bean

clf 11th January 2022 01:07

for general data as opposed to a specific car The Way Back Machine may help

LINK

if you have Google's Chrome browser, THIS extension may be of interest.

X10Rich 11th January 2022 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean66 (Post 2915926)
Great shame if its gone never to be available again.

Not sure if its expensive to host something like that and the data was surely not confidential in any way as who cares about the production numbers of a certain model in a certain colour for a long defunct car company bare the enthusiasts amongst us.

Sad if its never seen again.

Cheers Bean

Hosting something like this would cost hardly anything. Id happliy host it again if the code was about.

bikerdude666 11th January 2022 21:56

Surely this club could host it on here, they have build data, and they have hosting...

sworks 11th January 2022 22:31

The club has access to the build data, if you message Paul (Reebs) he can let you know the info you need. Paul recently helped with the info on a TF for me.

stevestrat 11th January 2022 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikerdude666 (Post 2916045)
Surely this club could host it on here, they have build data, and they have hosting...

Yes Paul has data but converting that data to a searchable format available to all isn't a task I would like to take on.