The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Road Angel/Snooper etc. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=311220)

VVC-Geeza 21st February 2021 12:08

Road Angel/Snooper etc.

Does anyone use one of these dedicated devices for the detection of fixed safety camera's,camera vans and radar traps?

If so which model do you have and how effective is it?

And what is the subscription cost?

Thank you.

Georgies Dad 21st February 2021 16:54

Drive within the law and you will not need one:D

trikey 21st February 2021 17:34

I use Waze, live updates of camera positions.

VVC-Geeza 21st February 2021 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2866686)
I use Waze, live updates of camera positions.

When you say live updates Andy does that include camera van locations and radar traps?
Or just static cameras?

trikey 21st February 2021 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 2866689)
When you say live updates Andy does that include camera van locations and radar traps?
Or just static cameras?

All cameras Mick, static, mobile and even locations of where the police are as well as other road hazards.. Floods, potholes and even roadkill!

Rick-sta 21st February 2021 19:04

Waze is very good. I have the igo satnav on mine with speed camera locations etc. Mine however just shows all mobile speed camera locations regardless of whether there is actually one there on that day or not. Still useful but not as good as live updates.

VVC-Geeza 21st February 2021 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2866707)
Waze is very good. I have the igo satnav on mine with speed camera locations etc. Mine however just shows all mobile speed camera locations regardless of whether there is actually one there on that day or not. Still useful but not as good as live updates.

I have an Xtrons unit in the 75 and the sat nav is also iGo but via an SD card.It does have camera alerts but only fixed ones. I have three cars and ideally I was looking for something I could transfer from car to car.

coolguy 21st February 2021 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgies Dad (Post 2866672)
Drive within the law and you will not need one:D

...but you will spend so much time looking at the dashboard that you may be fined even more for careless or dangerous driving!

Mogodon 21st February 2021 21:13

They are useful to a degree , but can lull you into a false sense of security.

They are good for fixed camera locations.

The are mildly useful for mobile locations (as in they tell you there may or may not be one there).

If you have one with a laser detector as used in mobiles and by plod hiding in bushes they are USELESS as by the time it detects the laser aimed at you, they've already got you.

VVC-Geeza 21st February 2021 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogodon (Post 2866730)
They are useful to a degree , but can lull you into a false sense of security.

They are good for fixed camera locations.

The are mildly useful for mobile locations (as in they tell you there may or may not be one there).

If you have one with a laser detector as used in mobiles and by plod hiding in bushes they are USELESS as by the time it detects the laser aimed at you, they've already got you.

I take your point about the laser detector and did wonder about that myself.I'd be happy with a unit that gave live updates on fixed and known mobile locations (manned or not).Better to be warned every time than not at all.As mentioned I'm looking for something that can be used in different cars.