The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Muppets? Offensive??? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=311251)

Darcydog 23rd February 2021 06:00

The Muppets? Offensive???

Friends have let me know that the Disney Channel has placed an “Offensive Warning” on the Muppet Show.

I found this hard to believe so checked it out - and yes. It’s true. This comes up:-

“This programme includes negative depictions and/or mistreatment of people or cultures. These stereotypes were wrong then and are wrong now. Rather than remove content, we want to acknowledge its harmful impact, learn from it and spark conversation to create a more inclusive future together.”

A woke world gone totally barmy.

trikey 23rd February 2021 06:31

Stadler and Waldorf offensive! Hell yeah.

macafee2 23rd February 2021 06:57

I did not find it offensive, just awful. I don't think I saw anything else but the trailers

macafee2

Number 6 23rd February 2021 07:36

How sad this world is becoming:o

VVC-Geeza 23rd February 2021 08:22

There was a screen warning before a recent episode of Dads Army. "This programme contains singing some viewers may find offensive".What is more innocent than Dad's Army? I think we can safely say we have seen Blazing Saddles on TV for the last time!

AndyN01 23rd February 2021 09:20

My TV's equipped with the very latest extra special control ;).

It's called an "OFF" button :D.

If I come across something I don't want to watch I can, of my own free will, use the OFF button and that stops me watching it. I don't have to watch it. I can turn it OFF :eek:.

If other people want to watch whatever it was then that's up to them and their choice.

It gets better because as well as an OFF button there are other controls that allow me to choose different programs to watch. Ones that I might enjoy but, perhaps others might not.

SWMBO & StarTrek spring to mind :shrug::D.

wraymond 23rd February 2021 10:23

Been waiting for ages for a chance to pour scorn on those revisionists with no name, those would-be prophets of impending doom with heads carefully below parapets and posteriors well covered. It's so hard to cover both ends at once you know. You need a swivel head as an absolute must.

They fester in their bachelor pads (non-gender specific and sole resident). They seek recognition in their self-imposed hell by scouring their myopic existence for even a crumb of recognition among a gullible hoped-for audience of like-minded loners to amplify their painful hurty-hurty bleatings.

They claim to spread salvation through evangelistic fervour but deliver conflict where there was none and war where there was considered judgement – thereby displaying their ignorance. They hope for a law of diminishing returns. So do we.

That’s enough. For now.

I think I’ve managed to avoid offending anybody that matters, although that will possibly be offensive in itself.

trikey 23rd February 2021 10:27

Time for some reruns of love thy neighbour methinks..

Number 6 23rd February 2021 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2866983)
Time for some reruns of love thy neighbour methinks..

And Alf Garnet, Till Death us Do Part, Humour we will never see the likes of again:shrug:

trikey 23rd February 2021 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 6 (Post 2867002)
And Alf Garnet, Till Death us Do Part, Humour we will never see the likes of again:shrug:

That’s the problem, we used to be able to laugh at ourselves and each other and get on with it, none of us took offence, I used to think something was wrong if someone didn’t take the p on a daily basis.