The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Radio Cassette fault (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=311800)

aniraf 19th March 2021 13:29

Radio Cassette fault

I bought a replacement Rover radio/cassette CR213X for my facelift 75. The car was originally fitted with a radio/cd player, but as I wanted to play all my old 'fluff Freeman' Pick of the Pops tapes, I fitted a CR213X unit, which worked fine till a few months ago, when the tape player started to play up. This replacement I bought keeps beeping every few seconds as if it is trying to tune into a station, even though it is tuned in. Any ideas

SD1too 19th March 2021 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniraf (Post 2872110)
... Any ideas

I'm afraid not Bob but I would really like to hear your Alan Freeman Pick of the Pops tapes! His was certainly an act that no other DJ has been able to follow. ;)

Simon

COLVERT 19th March 2021 19:41

You would be better off trying the Technology Forum.--The techies might be able to help.--:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Thunderbolt 20th March 2021 13:18

I think they beep when they want the code put in.

Try putting it in again.

aniraf 21st March 2021 07:24

radio/cassette

When the new unit is turned on, it goes to a pre selected radio station and plays, but then it gives off a beep, goes back to the radio for a second or so, then beeps again and keeps doing so. I've refitted the radio/cd back in whilst I try and fathom out what is wrong. I love listening to the old Pick of the Pops tapes and on one of them, after playing Sam the Sham's Wooly Bully, old 'Fluff' introduces the next record by saying "well pop pickers, back in 1965, were you a NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- or a turner", before playing the Ivy League's Tossing and Turning.

chicochapman 21st March 2021 19:56

In the first unit, the problem with the tape player is probably the drive belt failing. An easy fix if you can track down a replacement belt. I seem to remember you could get a selection pack of these from a company in Ireland.

Wilts75 26th March 2021 11:39

Radio cassette

Hi Aniraf,

I have a Rover Radio Cassette R660, I have just accessed the pin outs on Google to check if it is OK. I will let you know if it is all working and come back to you.

Mike
Wilts75

Wilts75 27th March 2021 08:38

Radio cassette

Hi Aniraf,

OK checked out radio and at least got power to it and it "lit" up. If it's the type you want let me know and you can have it for the postage. No guarentee that it will work OK and it possibly needs a code which I don't have but I beleive there are ways on getting this info.

Cheers

Mike

aniraf 11th April 2021 12:34

Thanks for the offer Mike and sorry for the late reply. I may try to swop the new cassette mechanism over to the old unit.

aniraf 17th April 2021 18:45

radio/cassette

I swopped the cassette mechanism from the new unit to the old one. Once the top cover was off, it was just 4 small screws and 2 plug ins to release the cassette part of the unit. It took me about 15 mins to do the job. I was surprised that I was asked to enter the code, which its never done before, when I've previously removed and replaced the unit, but once entered, it all worked fine. I now have a working radio/cassette player again and can listen to my Alan Freeman 'Pick of the Pops' tapes again!... Am I pleased...Not arf !!