The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Diesel additive. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=315287)

roverbarmy 15th September 2021 15:02

Diesel additive.

Looks like I'm going down the diesel route soon (Hyundai 2.0). My company used to use additive but the supplier was taken over 20 years ago and I haven't had a diesel since. Any recommendations as I don't want to buy snake oil! Apologies for non Rover content!😉

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

cengar 15th September 2021 15:36

Forte every time system cleaner and turbo cleaner

stevestrat 15th September 2021 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cengar (Post 2899677)
Forte every time system cleaner and turbo cleaner

If their diesel cleaner is as good as the petrol then yes, Forte.

MSS 15th September 2021 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2899671)
Looks like I'm going down the diesel route soon (Hyundai 2.0). My company used to use additive but the supplier was taken over 20 years ago and I haven't had a diesel since. Any recommendations as I don't want to buy snake oil! Apologies for non Rover content!��

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Mike,

If you are thinking of a shot every now and then - say every 6 months - then Forte.

Alternatively, for adding to every tank full, I use Millers Power EcoMax. I normally buy the 5L can and it lasts a few years. As well as keeping the fuel system clean, it increases the cetane value of the diesel thus making the engine really come alive. I would thoroughly recommend.

Southern Star 15th September 2021 19:24

I use Millers Eco Max in my boat engine, in the car I just get a fill-up with premium diesel every three months or so. Definitely makes a difference, when you hoof it for the next few miles you can see the trail of black smoke in the rear view mirror.

Number 6 15th September 2021 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southern Star (Post 2899706)
I use Millers Eco Max in my boat engine, in the car I just get a fill-up with premium diesel every three months or so. Definitely makes a difference, when you hoof it for the next few miles you can see the trail of black smoke in the rear view mirror.

Errr, Isnt that a sign of over fuelling??:shrug:

Southern Star 16th September 2021 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 6 (Post 2899710)
Errr, Isnt that a sign of over fuelling??:shrug:

I've always assumed it was crud being burnt off as it disappears after a few miles. First time I used premium diesel there was a definite improvement in performance, the was a niggling flat spot at 1,500 rpm which disappeared immediately and hasn't returned.

trikey 16th September 2021 19:26

Castrol R, does nowt for the diesel but by god it smells ace..

Norfolk Ninja 16th September 2021 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2899850)
Castrol R, does nowt for the diesel but by god it smells ace..

The smell of Brands Hatch at easter. Transatlantic trophy and an RD400 in 1979

Eddiebassman 16th September 2021 21:49

I’ll second forte if used when changing the filter, millers to every tank. However I recently tried hydra diesel power blast as miller’s want available and that was every bit as good. My 75cdti was flat when I bought it, it’s only now I’ve switched car, that my new one doesn’t have anywhere near the responsiveness. It’ll just take a little time I think with the chemicals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk