The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   window condensation (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=185919)

YorksMG2013 6th June 2014 07:36

window condensation

Noticed in last few weeks that my ZT is getting a lot of condensation on windscreen and rear window when parked overnight (she lives out on the drive).

I only mention this, as the other cars parked on the drive are not suffering in the same way.

I have looked in the boot and no sign of dampness or water ingress.
I will check carpets in the cabin, but if thy are all dry, I wonder what is going on?

Thanks

Andrew

Bluemoon Typhoon 6th June 2014 07:54

Andrew have a look under the base of your rear seat, there can be pools of stagnant water sitting in the seat wells. :eek:

Also the carpets may not feel wet, but there may be water beneath them. The 75/ZT carpets are quite thick, so it takes a lot of water to saturate them. I'd be tempted to park on an incline so that any water might collect, then lift the carpet to make sure!

Best regards,

Mike

pab 6th June 2014 09:48

Blocked sunroof drains are probably the culprit here..

YorksMG2013 6th June 2014 10:07

Window condensation

Thanks for the suggestion Pab, how would this be sorted?

Andrew

FezzyFox 6th June 2014 10:50

Do You use your air-con intermittently ?

Mine doesn't fog up atall until I use the A/C. When I switch it off, my windows fog up near enough instantly.

YorksMG2013 6th June 2014 11:05

window condensation

I don't use the a/c too often to be honest, so can'y juidge on any diffrence.
This morning tried using the buttons to quickly demist windscreen (didn't do too bad) but rear screen took ages to clear

Andrew

flying_pig 6th June 2014 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorksMG2013 (Post 1698544)
Noticed in last few weeks that my ZT is getting a lot of condensation on windscreen and rear window when parked overnight (she lives out on the drive).

I only mention this, as the other cars parked on the drive are not suffering in the same way.

I have looked in the boot and no sign of dampness or water ingress.
I will check carpets in the cabin, but if thy are all dry, I wonder what is going on?

Thanks

Andrew

Check your plenum when i picked mine up had a same problem drain was blocked plenum full of water unblocked drain below ecu and all gone now

chipsceola 6th June 2014 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by flying_pig (Post 1698679)
Check your plenum when i picked mine up had a same problem drain was blocked plenum full of water unblocked drain below ecu and all gone now

And while there check Pollen Filter, a wet/damp one will mist windows!

YorksMG2013 6th June 2014 12:13

misty windows

I do 'rod the plenum' regularly (honest Officer, it's not how it sounds...!), but maybe pollen filter needs checking

Can anyone advise on how to check for blockages on sunroof drains?

Andrew

capese21 6th June 2014 12:28

My ZTT does not suffer from condensation anytime of the year.
The reason is it has no leaks into the cabin. Undernetah the carpets are bone dry.

If yours does suffer from condensation then it is highly likely your car has a leak. Check underneath the carpets you may be shocked at how much water can collect there but not be noticeable from above.

Let us know what you find.

Ed:}