The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Asking for a friend (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=319204)

mgzrjake 18th May 2022 12:24

Asking for a friend

How easy is it to pinch a Mk2 Zt diesel. My mate has had his stolen from off the rd. No windows were broken is as if it was never there. Alarm work perfect an do was deadlocked as well.

Rgds
Jt

trikey 18th May 2022 12:27

Easy if you drag it onto a truck

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Rick-sta 18th May 2022 12:28

my understanding is the only way one of our cars could be stolen is:

1. if someone had a t4 and could cut a key on the spot and code it to the car to get it started.

or 2. if someone dragged it onto a recovery truck and took it away. I have known a friends 75 to get stolen in this way.

Other than that they're pretty hard to just get started by breaking into one from what I've read previously.

Only problem with the alarm is, unless you have the volumetric alarm fitted, if they did break a window it wouldn't set the alarm off, only opening one of the doors, boot or bonnet sets it off.

Rev Jules 18th May 2022 18:33

He has left the key in it?

FLYING BANANA 18th May 2022 18:40

Stolen for the parts I expect.

smudge.g 18th May 2022 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2932444)
Stolen for the parts I expect.

Seems to be happening more often recently! :(

mgzrjake 18th May 2022 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2932443)
He has left the key in it?

No both keys at home and he was asleep in bed.

rab60bit 19th May 2022 10:26

Bit worrying. Suppose a trolley jack and a set of skates would make a 'quiet' job of winding it onto a low back but even then it it isn't exactly a silent exercise. Our cars are supposed to be quite difficult to pinch but if one has to park up on the highway (so to speak) then I guess the only other sure protection is to fit a tilt alarm. Is your mate local to you....I ask for obvious reason?

Retap 19th May 2022 13:11

Sorry to hear about this loss i hope it gets recovered quickly.

I would advise all to park car with front facing a wall or other immovable object and steering at full lock leaving it in gear. This way it makes it super hard to drag it without making a lot of noise unless its a tank or Ukrainian tractor.

mgzrjake 19th May 2022 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by rab60bit (Post 2932508)
Bit worrying. Suppose a trolley jack and a set of skates would make a 'quiet' job of winding it onto a low back but even then it it isn't exactly a silent exercise. Our cars are supposed to be quite difficult to pinch but if one has to park up on the highway (so to speak) then I guess the only other sure protection is to fit a tilt alarm. Is your mate local to you....I ask for obvious reason?

4 miles away it was my old car that I bought off here. He was the 3rd owner fsh 135k and top spec for a diesel Zt. Car was very nice