The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Rear wheel drive KV6 gearbox (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317200)

iwanta260 11th January 2022 06:58

Rear wheel drive KV6 gearbox

I need a Rear wheel drive KV6 bellhousing / gearbox / flywheel. Is there such a thing or does someone make a conversion for another manufacturers gearbox?

ceedy 11th January 2022 09:25

No such thing :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwanta260 (Post 2915936)
I need a Rear wheel drive KV6 bellhousing / gearbox / flywheel. Is there such a thing or does someone make a conversion for another manufacturers gearbox?

iwanta260 11th January 2022 10:52

Really

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2915959)

and you have seen every modded or kit car ever built to make that assertion? You know every foundry and engineering company, and read all their records for the bell housings / adapter plates they have manufactured?
Do you know everywhere the kv6 was fitted? How about the Roewe 750, Kia Sedona, Kia Carnival, Kia Credos, Naza Ria and the RWD Gibbs Aquada!
If you have nothing helpful to add, wind your ego in and don't post your opinion.

MSS 11th January 2022 11:43

You asked.

QUOTE=iwanta260;2915936]...........Is there such a thing ............?[/QUOTE]

He answered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2915959)

Then........

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwanta260 (Post 2915966)
and you have seen every modded or kit car ever built to make that assertion? You know every foundry and engineering company, and read all their records for the bell housings / adapter plates they have manufactured?
Do you know everywhere the kv6 was fitted? How about the Roewe 750, Kia Sedona, Kia Carnival, Kia Credos, Naza Ria and the RWD Gibbs Aquada!
If you have nothing helpful to add, wind your ego in and don't post your opinion.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

It must be the weather! :D:D:D:D

trikey 11th January 2022 12:03

What about the Freelander gearbox?

MSS 11th January 2022 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2915978)
What about the Freelander gearbox?

Wind your ego in and don't post your opinion, even if I've asked for it! :D

Sorry! :getmecoat:

simondhopkins 11th January 2022 12:49

pretty sure if you got someone to make an adaptor plate you could have any type you want.

The 4 pots were used for RWD in things like Caterham Sevens and other kit cars so maybe worth looking down that route and as the 4 pots were also used in the 75/zt then maybe these boxes and flywheels would fit a kv6 if the bolt pattern is the same.

Just a thought.

EDIT: Ford type 9 gearbox is what's used on the sevens with k series . So that's what you'll need to look for in terms of off the shelf parts.

SCP440 11th January 2022 13:18

How about and adapter plate? a piece of 20mm Aluminium with the appropiate pick up points for both the engine and the new gearbox what ever you decide to use. You just then need a spacer on the flywheel to pack it out or modify the clutch mechanism to move further. Even easier with an Auto.

I know this works because I have a different gearbox in my Jensen than it was originally designed to take and luckily the appropiate adapter plate is available from the US.

Lee T 11th January 2022 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwanta260 (Post 2915966)

Perfect example of uncalled for and unacceptable.
Ceedy is a long standing respected member of this club, and as he was simply replying to your post, your response is baffling. This is not facebook, and alienating club members will only reduce your chances of helpful replies to any future issues you may have. This club is a valuable resource to it's members and guests alike, with a strong social element, where we look out for, help and respect one another, and attitudes like yours are not welcome.
I ask that you post an apology to Ceedy, and consider your responses to others here more carefully in future.

bl52krz 11th January 2022 14:44

I don’t normaly join in on these kind of posts but, I will make an exception in this case. Don’t ask for help, or a question, unless you want a straight answer.