The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Help with boot (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=129279)

nursey 13th November 2012 18:18

Help with boot

Hi,

I am the very proud owner of a 2004 54-REG ROVER 75 1.8 CONNOISSEUR SE AUTOMATIC only picked it up on Saturday, however the boot won't open, it did for the first day. I have looked on the forum and it refers to a lock on the boot lid but this car does not have one!! The release button by the foot well makes 3 loud clunks but nothing happens. Just before it stopped opening it was giving trouble to close and I had to press the release button first and then close the boot. Can anyone help this novice female :confused:

suzublu 13th November 2012 18:25

Sounds like the old "Machine Gun Syndrome":D When you press the release,have someone lift the boot lid at the same time to open it,then,when you have it open,you'll see 2 black stops on the boot lid.Wind these out(Anti clockwise) about 1/4 turn & that should solve the problem :} HTH's ;)

nursey 13th November 2012 18:35

Thank you so much I will try that when there is someone around to lift the boot lid.

J1MBO 13th November 2012 18:56

The later "facelift" models have a feature on the remote to open the boot rather than a using a lock on the boot lid.

Hold the unlock button down for a second and it releases the boot lid.

With the problem you've got hold the button down until you hear the "machine-gunning" and lift the boot lid at the same time. Then you'll be able to adjust the bump stops on the edge of the lid as explained by Ronnie.

Hth

ProfDave 13th November 2012 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by J1MBO (Post 1139170)
The later "facelift" models have a feature on the remote to open the boot rather than a using a lock on the boot lid.

Hold the unlock button down for a second and it releases the boot lid.

With the problem you've got hold the button down until you hear the "machine-gunning" and lift the boot lid at the same time. Then you'll be able to adjust the bump stops on the edge of the lid as explained by Ronnie.

Hth

as he says!! You should be able to do this holding the key button unlock down and as it clunks lift the lid. Then try adjusting the bump stops.

suzublu 13th November 2012 20:35

Sorry if i missed something here,but the op states The release button by the foot well makes 3 loud,so i was assuming that the car has the footwell release:shrug:

ProfDave 13th November 2012 20:45

but this is a 54 plate car so it should have a key based release shouldn't it ? If not then I guess the other advice works but you need two peeps to do it!

jondonwar 13th November 2012 22:02

locked boot

Hi there is a emergency pull lever on the 2004 faclift models inside of boot which you access from inside the car by removing the rear seats,its a little tag you pull,it states this in the handbook hope this helps if all else fails to get your boot open regards jondonwar

dissy1810 13th November 2012 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 1139274)
Sorry if i missed something here,but the op states The release button by the foot well makes 3 loud,so i was assuming that the car has the footwell release:shrug:

If still has the button in the footwell but as said hold the unlock button on the key in while lifting the lid and it'll open

J1MBO 13th November 2012 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 1139274)

The lock in the boot lid was replaced by key remote release on the saloons but they still have the footwell release button - it's the tourers that had it delisted.