The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Horn toots when ignition turned off & wiper issue (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=309568)

macafee2 30th November 2020 08:27

Horn toots when ignition turned off & wiper issue

Sometimes by horn gives a toot when I turn the ignition off and remove the key.
I am sure I am not hitting the horn button.
Also, I have had the front wipers stay on when I have turned them off, no auto senor fitted. If I turn the ignition off and then on this cures it.

ECU is dry

macafee2

COLVERT 30th November 2020 09:35

My car horn has been doing that for years.---:D

Would be nice to find out why.--:shrug:

picky747 30th November 2020 10:20

The horn toot is usually to let you know that something is not closed properly,most probably the bonnet switch if all else is closed.
Ignore, just seen when key is removed and yes I have had that in the past.

dattrike 30th November 2020 15:37

pressing the lock button when removing key from ignition lock will give one beep.

macafee2 30th November 2020 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by dattrike (Post 2851298)
pressing the lock button when removing key from ignition lock will give one beep.

it is very possible I do that without noticing, thank you I will try to be careful

macafee2

Ennine 30th November 2020 15:52

After market ICE fitted by any chance ?

Rick-sta 30th November 2020 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2851234)
Sometimes by horn gives a toot when I turn the ignition off and remove the key.
I am sure I am not hitting the horn button.
Also, I have had the front wipers stay on when I have turned them off, no auto senor fitted. If I turn the ignition off and then on this cures it.

ECU is dry

macafee2

If you're accidently pressing the lock button on the fob when you're turning the ignition off that'll make car give one short beep, same beep that it makes if you try locking the car with a door open.

In regards to the wipers turning on by themselves, I've seen this happen a few times where the highline radio and video modules in the boot had got wet. Do you have the highline factory head unit or the modules in the boot spare wheel well?

macafee2 30th November 2020 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 2851305)
If you're accidently pressing the lock button on the fob when you're turning the ignition off that'll make car give one short beep, same beep that it makes if you try locking the car with a door open.

In regards to the wipers turning on by themselves, I've seen this happen a few times where the highline radio and video modules in the boot had got wet. Do you have the highline factory head unit or the modules in the boot spare wheel well?

Rick-Sta, no I have neither highline radio or video... well not as far as I know I don't have anything video, not seen anything anywhere.

standard radio cd is all I have

macafee2

COLVERT 30th November 2020 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2851300)
it is very possible I do that without noticing, thank you I will try to be careful

macafee2

Maybe I've been touching that button too. Will keep a close eye on it next time.---:D

COLVERT 1st December 2020 17:51

I DID IT----TODAY------Caught my self pushing that button while turning the key.----:duh::duh::D