The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Unexpected invitation (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=303657)

cbr1100xx 19th March 2020 16:51

Unexpected invitation

After posting about the seats yesterday I got a notification of a pm.
Clicked on the pm and it was an invitation to pop round for a brew after I picked the seats up.
From whom.....the Oracle himself , brian.

Prior to this I had only dealt with the man on one occasion when he offered to repair a pcb from my bike , free of charge , just postage.

So after a 3 hour drive , met the man himself and Alfie, had a brew and a chat and you could tell he was disappointed that I hadn't arrived in the zt (exhaust issue last night) as he was willing to fit the seats there and then.

Never fear Brian, I will be back up at the end of April for a health check , a remap and a new key.

So thanks for the invite brew , biccies and chat.
It's always good to meet someone face to face and I'm glad I did.

Stan

Ps , don't forget to start moving them bricks

BoroRover 20th March 2020 06:01

The man is an absolute diamond. No question. :bowdown::bowdown:

trikey 20th March 2020 07:16

The question is...

Did Alfie greet you with a big aarrrooooooooo

cbr1100xx 20th March 2020 08:07

He most definitely did along with quite a few woofs, but soon went quiet after the 2nd treat.
If only brian was that easy to please

Stan

daveconnolly 20th March 2020 11:07

I must agree.top man is brian.when I first got my 75 2 years ago had a few problems with itbrian came down to Darlington a few times to sort it. Also put a 160 upgrade on it what a difference.a god in the rover world

Mickyboy 20th March 2020 11:22

If these seats came from Brian then they wasn’t overpriced as I previously said, they will be spot on, I thought they was off some random person who was selling them, nice seats
Mick

trikey 20th March 2020 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickyboy (Post 2800274)
If these seats came from Brian then they wasn’t overpriced as I previously said, they will be spot on, I thought they was off some random person who was selling them, nice seats
Mick

The seats weren’t from Brian but from another forum member that lives not too far away Mick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

genpk 20th March 2020 11:40

that is one great thing about this forum, there are a great bunch of fellas here especially brian and trikey and a number of others.
Always ready to help out, even us out here in Australia.
Not met these learned gents but would like to one day- if i can ever get to travel back to the uk!!!

cbr1100xx 20th March 2020 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickyboy (Post 2800274)
Mick

Hi mick , as trikey said they was from a mr Gilroy just around the corner from brian , then went round to see brian.

You have a pm incoming as well

Stan

picky747 21st March 2020 12:37

What's he look like? does he have horns?