The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Bit of travel agent hassle (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302223)

ceedy 18th January 2020 07:32

Bit of travel agent hassle

I bought our flights to the USA in August from a rated online travel agent,and at a reasonable price to include 1 piece of hold luggage each.
Couple of weeks ago I had look at the American airlines web site with my ref number to see the seats etc, and was concerned to see it say we didn't have baggage included
So back to travel agent, who insisted they were right.so phoned AA, to be told nope . So after going back and forth 3 times,in the end I got a conference call with the travel agent and AA. This time it was confirmed that there was no baggage included, despite the travel agent being told twice by AA that it was. So one point to the moany customer :D . So AA giving different info from different departments
Now waiting on what they sort out.

FLYING BANANA 18th January 2020 08:36

That’s not good Chris. Hope you get sorted ok.

ceedy 18th January 2020 08:39

If we had turned up at the airport with hold bags would cost 45 quid per person per trip so potentially £630 :eek:

mbev51 18th January 2020 10:28

I now book direct with airlines, I find it’s better in the long run. I have found the prices are surprisingly competitive.

ceedy 18th January 2020 12:59

And just checked My ATOL cert ................ its worded all wrong :duh:

if these are a 4.5 out of 5 star rating , what are the others like :eek:

C

jackatesme 21st January 2020 14:09

Been to Florida 6 times,my son books flight,villa and car hire separately. Never had a problem,and cheaper.Package deals offer free car,but the insurance can sometimes cost more than the hire price.

ceedy 21st January 2020 15:14

Seems all sorted now, due to Iberia ( used by American Airlines for the tranatalantic hop) having slightly different codes for all their flights , all sorted at the Iberia End now and 7 lots of hold luggage arranged , not that we would used it all going out ;), can't say the same coming home with dem women and their shopping :eek: ;)

now to rrange all those tickets , will cost almost the same amount as the flights and the Villa .:eek:

And a Rental Van for the USA

And my travel insurance will no doubt go up soon with my big Birthday looming :duh:

C

ceedy 11th February 2020 16:12

Well last message not quite accurate, I've asked the question again about the luggage allowances for the return trip, with American Airlines as the 1st hop, and not getting a satisfactory answer so far .. :duh:

worst case ( pun :o) is we take only cabin luggage, but got 2 women in the group :D:D

C

markypicks 11th February 2020 18:29

pleased you got it sorted chris , i dont go abroad anymore been to too many dodgy countries in me younger days there's plenty of nice places in the uk to visit if the weather is good rgds mark