The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Events and Meets (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The museums at Gaydon (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=282945)

J1MBO 3rd May 2018 10:39

The museums at Gaydon

I'd not visited Gaydon for nearly four years, in which time they'd built the Collections Centre, I thought it was high time I had a walk round with my camcorder.

Jim

Teflon 3rd May 2018 13:20

Thanks as always for posting these up :}.

Like you, I haven't visited Gaydon for a few years, so it's nice to see what they've done to the place. I think a visit may be on the cards this summer.

I also have to add that I'm in awe of your steady hand with the camera. I appreciate that camcorders these days have built in stabalisation, but even so, very impressive work :bowdown:.

Cliff

J1MBO 3rd May 2018 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teflon (Post 2626474)
Thanks as always for posting these up :}.

Like you, I haven't visited Gaydon for a few years, so it's nice to see what they've done to the place. I think a visit may be on the cards this summer.

I also have to add that I'm in awe of your steady hand with the camera. I appreciate that camcorders these days have built in stabalisation, but even so, very impressive work :bowdown:.

Cliff

Cheers Cliff.

Gaydon is well worth the visit, the main halls are much improved and now have better lighting making them feel light and airy, adding the Collections Centre and Jaguar Heritage really make it the museum it should have always been.

Thanks also for your comments regarding my steady hand, granted most camcorders have some sort of stabilisation but, I have to say, some of it is down to clever editing :D.

There are three types of stabilisation; digital, optical and balanced optical, the CX570E I used for the Gaydon videos has optical stabilisation and still requires a reasonably steady hand. I've just invested in a camcorder with balanced optical stabilisation, unfortunately second-hand as I can't run to new, hopefully I'll now be able to add a bit more movement to my videos.

Jim

Teflon 3rd May 2018 17:09

I also bought myself a camcorder a few weeks ago :}. Nothing expensive as I wasn't sure how much I'd use it. It has optical image stabilisation, but my footage still shakes something wicked :mad:. Really need to practice :}.

In the meantime, I've been spending my time trying to make a slightly more serious film from my NEC footage (rather than the "pop video" I did previously). Still the same 2 or 3 minutes of shaky video from a 'phone, as that's all I've got :o, but I've combined it with some still photos, some unrelated video I shot a year or so back, and some stock video from the internet and have so far bumped the length up to around 10 minutes. It's taking me flippin' ages and I'm getting to the point where I'm fed up with seeing scenes from the NEC :cool:. If nothing else though, I'll learn my way around Adobe Premiere Elements.

All good fun and it keeps me off the streets. :}

Cliff

Roverlike 3rd May 2018 17:15

Excellent as always!

J1MBO 3rd May 2018 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roverlike (Post 2626546)
Excellent as always!

Many thanks :cool:.

Jim

J1MBO 3rd May 2018 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teflon (Post 2626543)
I also bought myself a camcorder a few weeks ago :}. Nothing expensive as I wasn't sure how much I'd use it. It has optical image stabilisation, but my footage still shakes something wicked :mad:. Really need to practice :}.

My advice is to move the camcorder as little as possible, for example when making a tracking shot move it as slowly as you can, it might feel wrong but it will look so much better and don't be afraid of shooting the scene more than once and choose the best, a bit like bracketing with a dslr.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teflon (Post 2626543)
In the meantime, I've been spending my time trying to make a slightly more serious film from my NEC footage (rather than the "pop video" I did previously). Still the same 2 or 3 minutes of shaky video from a 'phone, as that's all I've got :o, but I've combined it with some still photos, some unrelated video I shot a year or so back, and some stock video from the internet and have so far bumped the length up to around 10 minutes. It's taking me flippin' ages and I'm getting to the point where I'm fed up with seeing scenes from the NEC :cool:. If nothing else though, I'll learn my way around Adobe Premiere Elements.

All good fun and it keeps me off the streets. :}

Cliff

It can get monotonous watching the same clip over and over again but that's editing.....

Still yet to download Elements and try it, never seem to have the time.

Jim

Dorchester2 3rd May 2018 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by J1MBO (Post 2626424)
I'd not visited Gaydon for nearly four years, in which time they'd built the Collections Centre, I thought it was high time I had a walk round with my camcorder.
Jim

Thank you Jim.
Very nice for those overseas guys living abroad.
I thought at some moments I were there! :drool4:
Fab! :}

J1MBO 3rd May 2018 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorchester2 (Post 2626613)
Thank you Jim.
Very nice for those overseas guys living abroad.
I thought at some moments I were there! :drool4:
Fab! :}

Many thanks Arnaud :cool:.

Jim