The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   why cant we be like (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=296457)

macafee2 9th June 2019 09:42

why cant we be like

why cant we be like the people/area of Flam in Norway?

Was there last week on a cruise. So neat and tidy, no rubbish, so clean.
It is such a small place but its reputation far exceeds it's size.

Apparently cruise ships are not allowed to have sail away parties when leaving Norwegian ports or at least some of them, due to noise

macafee2

Darcydog 9th June 2019 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2739394)
why cant we be like the people/area of Flam in Norway?

Was there last week on a cruise. So neat and tidy, no rubbish, so clean.
It is such a small place but its reputation far exceeds it's size.

Apparently cruise ships are not allowed to have sail away parties when leaving Norwegian ports or at least some of them, due to noise

macafee2

Love Norway - as a kid went on a School Trip right up to Bodo inside the Arctic Circle.

It seems that some countries are getting a bit fed up with Cruise Liners - have you seen the footage of the Liner that rams smaller boat/ship in Venice?

macafee2 9th June 2019 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2739497)
Love Norway - as a kid went on a School Trip right up to Bodo inside the Arctic Circle.

It seems that some countries are getting a bit fed up with Cruise Liners - have you seen the footage of the Liner that rams smaller boat/ship in Venice?

yes but apparently it had mechanical problems and the tugs were not up to the job of controlling it.

Not sure if I recall the figure correctly but I think the cruise ships bring in 2 million passengers to Venice, just think what the financial loss of 2 million
visitors could be.

The cruise ships I've been on have thrusters front and rear and so are quite manoeuvrable. Venice is very expensive for the gondola's so perhaps the loss of customers will bring prices down.

macafee2

AndyN01 13th June 2019 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2739513)
........Not sure if I recall the figure correctly but I think the cruise ships bring in 2 million passengers to Venice, just think what the financial loss of 2 million visitors could be.........macafee2

I wonder when "we" are going to consider doing what is "right" or "good" rather than making money?

There are some things that, for me, no amount of money can make up for - how about the extinction of a species because killing them or destroying their habitat is profitable?

I realise that's not the same as tourists bringing cash to a community but I'm sure you see my point.

Andy.

MSS 13th June 2019 16:31

Probably not until it is too late. :o