The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Neighbours - A good reason to live in the country (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=315354)

Neonaise 19th September 2021 11:44

Neighbours - A good reason to live in the country

I have a "shouty" neighbour across the road. Shouts at his wife and baby son a lot.

Never had a crossed word with him or anything, just mind my own business.

Not blowing my own trumpet but all the neighbours know I have two show worthy classic Beetles in the garage and my 75 is parked on the drive next to an immaculate Scirocco.

The other day I was washing and polishing the 75 - didn't have anywhere to be so took my time enjoying it as you do.

Next thing I hear "shouty" saying to his wife 'you'd think it was an effing Ferrari' which he didn't think I heard and my missus thinks I misheard but I know what I heard.

I put it down to jealousy :}

planenut 19th September 2021 12:36

We can use our fellow humans to realize how high up the ladder we are.........realizing that some may consider me much lower. If your car were only a Ferrari you wouldn't have been fussing so much.

MSS 19th September 2021 14:54

I'm afraid you cannot escape them in the countryside either.

Country loving people leave dog poo on footpaths, leave open field gates with animals, cycle on narrow public footpaths, let dogs lose in fields with lambs. block farmers' field access, dump rubbish where they please,.....I could go on.

It's just a general problem of 'humans' inhabiting the planet.

macafee2 19th September 2021 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSS (Post 2900224)

Country loving people leave dog poo on footpaths, leave open field gates with animals, cycle on narrow public footpaths, let dogs lose in fields with lambs. block farmers' field access, dump rubbish where they please,.....I could go on.

they are the townies coming out to play :)

macafee2

SCP440 19th September 2021 19:33

At my last house the neighbours had a pair of dogs that would bark continuously, the neighbours were both hard of hearing and could not hear it. A new neighbour moved in and they complained as it kept there small children awake, they were mortified and asked me why we had never said anything. Anyway they let there daughter have the dogs as she had a farm.

The first house I had was a Semi detached, on our first night at the house we were surprised to hear our new neighbours making love very noisily, this happened almost every night and when I say noisy it left nothing to the imagination and went on for about 30 or more mins. After a week there was an oldish couple coming out of the front door next door and we presumed they were the parents of the couple next door, they introduced them selves and they were our neighbours. We ended up using the spare room unless we had visitors as it was the other side of the house.

MSS 19th September 2021 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2900233)
they are the townies coming out to play :)

macafee2

Now that is funny, Ian. :D:D

trikey 19th September 2021 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSS (Post 2900224)

I think you will find it was your sheep terrorising our border collie :p:

MSS 19th September 2021 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2900303)
I think you will find it was your sheep terrorising our border collie :p:

Damn, I was building up to a nice little claim there for causing me mental stress due to the worry of the sheep being stressed. :}