The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Leather or not? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=60097)

zojosc 7th May 2010 08:07

Leather or not?

At present my interior has ash grey speckled velour. I'm thinking of changing to leather if I can find seats in very good condition as my car has only done 29k and the present seats are like new. Before I go down these lines I would like some input from members as to whether leather is more comfortable or not as etc etc.:shrug:

tony_fry 7th May 2010 08:46

MMM its your choice.

Leather is great to keep clean, but

Cold in Winter (Depends if you have the connections for the heater elements in the car already) But soon warms up with body temperature.

Sweaty in Summer (I always to get a sweaty back even with the A/C on) and if the sun is directly on the seat, they can get very hot when you first sit on them

GreyGhost 7th May 2010 08:46

Just my opinion.

Cons
Cold at first in winter.
Sweaty in summer.
Being of slight build, I slide about on them. (Sports seats excluded)

Pros
Attractive.
Easy clean
Smell nice.

BMC123 7th May 2010 09:18

More or less what they said :D Add in a wooden steering wheel and you then need driving gloves for the winter - although as mentioned if you get the heated seats working then that's a bonus. Overall, having driven a 75 without leather I prefer it to cloth seats and would not go back as they just seem right somehow :)

Pumpwater 7th May 2010 09:31

I have the same velour seats & I like them, they are very comfortable for me & I never get backache. Never sat on Rover leather seats but had them in my previous car (awful Hyundai) & didn't like them, particularly sliding about they got very shiny.

RN3212 7th May 2010 10:22

I've been thinking of changing to leather seats,but have been advised by several people who've had both Leather and Cloth to steer away from Leather for the reasons given by the other posters.In the end it's a matter of choice.

loz1971 7th May 2010 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 519739)
Pros
Attractive.
Easy clean
Smell nice.

Is that you or the seats??:D:D;):getmecoat:

mimbo 7th May 2010 10:38

Leather is GREAT, easy to clean, looks nice with the wood
Adds class to the 75;)

loz1971 7th May 2010 10:38

This is really quite difficult to answer, after having leather seats in my last car, both the wife and I said we didn't want them again, yet we still wound up with them:shrug:

Yet when I bought my Rover Sterling several years back I deliberately shopped around and bought one with cloth seats, it really is a question of personal taste.

mimbo 7th May 2010 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by loz1971 (Post 519781)
Is that you or the seats??:D:D;):getmecoat:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:getmecoat: