The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The decision has now been made regarding........ (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=290198)

ziggy72 4th May 2019 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2731455)
Tony, tell Bob what you do for a living please, I don't want to be seen as the bad guy here ;)

Brian :D

i'm a quality control manager in a bodyshop. Brian is right. removing each individual adjacent panel and component where possible is imperative when respraying a car. painting all parts in situ can lead to flaking of paint on edge to edge panels ie (bumper to wing / quarter panel meeting) through time and paint fusion which is a giveaway of the vehicle being painted.

FLYING BANANA 4th May 2019 07:03

I have taken on board your comments and observations. And I will speak to the garage about it. I can do no more than that, after all as it has been pointed out “I’m no painter” and don’t understand these things.

Any work that’s needs to be carried out on any of my cars I leave to those who know what they are doing, hopefully. So far I seemed to have done all right. Been caught out a few times but I have learned by my mistakes by not going back. I have had a few running battles with garages over the years. Even gone to court once or twice.
I have asked, and got excellent replies, on here on what’s needs to be done about repairs to my cars. And all 3 are still running ok, even my kit car V8.

As I have clearly stated in the past I owe this car my life, without Banana I would not be writing this. I would just be a memory in someone’s life.

Gino 4th May 2019 10:28

Hi Bob,

Too much time & effort has been lavished on Banana to let an oversight like this to blight on otherwise beautiful finish. Hopefully the garage will have a satisfactory explanation/resolution.
I hope you get the finish that both you & Banana deserve.

Rob

Sonic ZS 4th May 2019 15:43

This is an interesting one, as post no.11 details the work to be done, and mentions 'front and rear bumpers to be removed'.

Are we sure that the hidden areas being discussed here have not already been sprayed, just like the door shuts, leaving the outermost 'skin' of the car to be sprayed evenly in one go once the doors are back on ??

Having seen the quality of finish from A&M, I'd be fairly certain they know what they're doing, so I'd be surprised if they'd make a mistake, as is being suggested here.

tourer 4th May 2019 16:06

Hi Bob.

Wishing you get the very best outcome with the project.
I know it is not very nice at all when you pay a lot of money for something and really excited and looking forward to it, and then someone takes the shine off your dream. They mean well and are very possibly correct. They are just looking after your interests but it is still painful.
I really hope you get your reassurance that you seek and the outcome that you seek. You deserve it.

FLYING BANANA 13th May 2019 16:00

The end is in sight..................

................................................ and Banana should be home by the weekend.

Last Friday I received a phone call from the tracking company, Banana has a tracker fitted, they informed me that the battery had been disconnected, I though that was a bit strange seeing how long they have had the car.
So I popped along to see why and, apparently the battery had gone flat. Thus them putting a jump back on had sent a signal to the tracking company.

I was there, yet again, this morning. All the major panels are back on. They want to flat it again before it’s final polish and then the trim can go back on.
They have polished the headlights up a treat but have had a problem getting the milky finish out of the n/s/rear MG7 light assembly. Seems it’s a common fault. I have been told that it was caused by the rear light assemblies being produced in two different factories back in China. Redfive has the same problem.
So I might convert back to the original lights.

They have replaced bolts/screws where needed, and cleaned the rest up. New clips on the arch liners. All new clips for the trim have been bought. The wipers are still off along with the screen washers.
She certainly looks good sitting there in the spray booth, the artificial lights don’t do it justice.

Now the issue regarding the rear bumper removal. I have been assured that it has been removed, and this morning I noticed that the reversing sensors have not been painted. I pointed this out and I was told they would be done before the car was finished, and handed back to me.

tourer 13th May 2019 17:01

Brill! Glad you are happy.

slovcan 13th May 2019 17:16

Bob, did you remove your pictures? I see Brian's, but no others (apart from your signature).

Cheers,
Glenn

FLYING BANANA 13th May 2019 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovcan (Post 2733472)
Bob, did you remove your pictures? I see Brian's, but no others (apart from your signature).

Cheers,
Glenn

No pictures removed by me. Which photo’s are you referring to?

slovcan 13th May 2019 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2733475)
No pictures removed by me. Which photo’s are you referring to?

People were talking about paint prep and joking about painted windows. I can't see any pictures that would prompt those comments. Maybe I need to go back through all the pages.

Edit: OK, I see what happened. I clicked the link on page 7.

Cheers,
Glenn