The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Owned my ZT-T less than a week (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=305396)

Mean & Green 4th June 2020 19:06

Owned my ZT-T less than a week

I am genuinely pretty amazed by how good the handling is. I was expecting a heavy barge, but this thing is nimble with tons of feel and grip.

It has a certain something about it which I am really enjoying. I actually wish I had driven a ZT sooner than I have. Very impressed so far.

coolguy 4th June 2020 19:56

If you can stand the harder suspension, I agree they handle superbly. The 75s are more comfortable, but the sharpness does disappear. Depends on my mood and type of journey as to which I take.

Mean & Green 4th June 2020 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy (Post 2816665)
If you can stand the harder suspension, I agree they handle superbly. The 75s are more comfortable, but the sharpness does disappear. Depends on my mood and type of journey as to which I take.

I’m used to a MG ZR, the ZT is actually refined by comparison :laughing2:

I consider the ZR a very good handling car and thought the ZT would feel sluggish and heavy by comparison, but I was wrong. It’s a peach.

trikey 4th June 2020 20:16

Glad you are enjoying the car, and welcome along ;)

Mean & Green 4th June 2020 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2816672)

Thank you :}

kelvo 4th June 2020 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy (Post 2816665)

Depends whether you've got the Mk1 or Mk2 as well, having had a Mk1 and now a Mk2 I prefer the later set up which is firm but without the filing rattling of the Mk1.

Mind you, I used to have a 218VVC coupe and that was lovely on a smooth road but on rough surfaces that could also shake you fillings at times.

richw 4th June 2020 20:55

I was too scared to get a ZT, as I'd previously has a ZS. The ZS was an extreme machine: no comfort at all, and you felt every little bump through your spine! The 75 is, of course, lovely, but I just didn't dare risk a ZT in case it was anything like the ZS!

Welcome.

BoroRover 4th June 2020 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2816672)

Indeed, indeed.

75driver 4th June 2020 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean & Green (Post 2816644)
I am genuinely pretty amazed by how good the handling is. I was expecting a heavy barge, but this thing is nimble with tons of feel and grip.

It has a certain something about it which I am really enjoying. I actually wish I had driven a ZT sooner than I have. Very impressed so far.

Glad you like the zt.😣
Shortly after I bought my 1st 75, I was disappointed as it didn’t live up to my notional expectations, in terms of comfort.
7 or so yrs on...at 115k miles, this car is driving better than when I first purchased it at 50k miles. Must say, I’m more into comfort than speed, but I still think she’s nimble enough through the chicanes 😬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fusilier 5th June 2020 06:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean & Green (Post 2816644)

Michael

Welcome along, and enjoy the car

Stu