The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Exported cars (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=29478)

nick nick 23rd November 2008 00:02

Exported cars

Does anyone know how for afield the R75 were exported and was
the spec the same as the uk models

Dragrad 23rd November 2008 00:51

Saw a You-tube film of one in New Zealand, or was it Australia...anyway Antipodean :)

moonstoneboy 23rd November 2008 05:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick nick (Post 255381)

When I was out in Australia a few years back saw a beautiful P6, an SD1 and when driving in to Brisbane was passed by a blue 75.

I believe that the Australian ones were virtually the same as UK ones. The only thing that I can think might have been changed would be the a/c - perhaps a local sourced system or part system because of the temps in parts of Oz.

Think I should have it somewhere (hate throwing out magazines) I bought an Australian car magazine that was full of praise of the 75.

I will admit that when BMW took over Rover I thought that it would open up a Worldwide market via BMW dealers. However, it would have been the same old story. The Rover 3500S Auto went in to the States before it was ready, the Rover engineers wanted to perfect the FI engine but BL wanted it in as soon as possible and the carb'd engine with all the emission gear on was an absolute pig. The SD1 was fine until Leyland cost cutters got their hands on it and quality went and put another dent in the Rover name in the US. Then there was the Rover 800 marketed under the Sterling brand in the US, admittedly more successful. Then there could have been the 75 and the Yanks would have probably preferred the 2.5 petrol and trouble again due to HGF.

Paul

Duotone 23rd November 2008 07:45

Whilst on various holidays I have seen 75's in quite a few countries.

Russia
Finland
Estonia
Sweden
Belgium
Germany
Greece
Italy
France
Spain
Barbados
Jamaica
Trinidad

I am sure there are many other countries Rover 75's were exported to.

Dave T

moonstoneboy 23rd November 2008 07:54

On the old Rover site there was a dropdown box to take you to the website of the various countries and there were a large number including the middle east.

Didn't someone find a link to the oldsite?

trebor 23rd November 2008 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duotone (Post 255404)
Whilst on various holidays I have seen 75's in quite a few countries.

Russia
Finland
Estonia
Sweden
Belgium
Germany
Greece
Italy
France
Spain
Barbados
Jamaica
Trinidad

I am sure there are many other countries Rover 75's were exported to.

Dave T

Are you a member of the international jet set Dave ?

JohnDotCom 23rd November 2008 08:09

Seen them in

New Zealand
Russia
Australia
and all the Normal Culprits

But the USA is a completely different case with only one Import by a Private Owner.

Greeners 23rd November 2008 08:11

Ask Les where he sends parts to.......some very "odd" places

Duotone 23rd November 2008 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor (Post 255409)
Are you a member of the international jet set Dave ?

Rob.

SWMBO is a cruise addict.

I just go along to spot 75's.

Dave T

Stratico 23rd November 2008 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick nick (Post 255381)

I understand the first launch and roll out was in Spain.
They love them here as a consequence. Prices still holding up double and more.
I bought an ex Press car. 1999 - V6 Con - absolutely mint with every SE you can name. 17k clocked only, new tyres and full service - LHD Bought in West Brom Rover Dealer for 6k.
Had a private buyer in Spain willing to pay up to 16k Euro (this was in 2003). The local spanish Rover dealer gave me a Trade estimate at 14k Euro! Planned to sell then fly back to get the other three LHD ex launch models.
Sadly had a head-on smash in the French Alps - all round air bags worked fine...hardly a mess..should have seen the other car though!
Direct Line wrote it off and refused to pay book value - they said it was LHD so valued at least 25 per cent less!!!...even though I had EXPORTED it on a Green card Insurance!
Best laid plans and all that!
Would like another one now but haven't found anything the colours I like (Anthracite with Dark Brown Interior) and with such a fantastic SE spec anywhere.
If anyone stumbles across LHD models please let me know.
Thanks